Chapter 8

"I had never met a soul who could speak my language. Until there was you. You, are fluent in me."
~Unknown

*Trigger Warning*

*Trigger Warning*

Ashton stormed outside after the argument with his mother he was so upset. He thought she was begin a total hypocrite, it infuriated him that she couldn't just tell him the truth.

The enormous estate was full of branches that had fallen from the storm, workers were raking, taking boards off windows, and hauling tree branches of the manicured lawns.

Ashton heard an upset woman's voice from over on the Cameron's property, she was walking with Ward around the property. She looked distraught, with her arms crossed shaking her head. Ashton ease dropped  as discreet as possible walking along side them.

"They said I had to wait 24 hours, but I know something's wrong." The shaggy woman said to Ward.

With casual authority Ward responded with, " Now Lana, I gave him the day off. I'm sure he's holed up somewhere with a six pack and Sports Center."

"He would've called," the woman named Lana replied finally taking notice to Ashton staring. He turned and started to walk off still listening.

"The storm Lana, phones are down, powers out all over the island. And Sarah saw him at the marina. She'll know something." Ward replied glancing at where Lana was still looking at Ashton.

Ward said, "Ah, Ashton! How did you and your mom make out?" Ashton turned to Ward and said in a friendly tone, "Hey Mr. Cameron, we held up, hope you guys did too!," Ward nodded with a smile and wave to the meek boy.

Ashton continued to walk down his estates lawn until he took notice of Sarah with a white shirt on and a red bikini, she was standing in a field below, with circling birds overhead. She was waving a tennis racket trying to hit the birds from coming close to the ground. Ashton grins and starts to walk toward the crazed girl with a swinging tennis racket.

"Hey Sarah, what are you doing?" Ashton said confused as ever but still giggling at the girl. "Hey Ash! The burrows filled with water from the surge. The birds are having a field day."

He caught on to what she was referring to and replied in a sad tone, "Poor mice!" Sarah turn with a shocked smile, "Wanna help me? Wheezie's too busy sitting at the pool,"

"Uh.. sure anything for the mice," Ashton pick up the extra tennis racket and started to help the girl wack a couple birds from harming the poor little mice.

They both laughed and jumped like crazy people, trying to save the mice from a massacre.

"Sarah!" Ward called out, "Busy!" Sarah screamed out, "Oh no, you got Ashton brought in on this now," Ward said laughing at the two teens.

"The birds have to eat, too, Sarah!" Ward continue to laugh, "Its a mouse genocide out here!" She yelled back.

"It's the cycle of life, Ashton don't let Sarah bully go into her crazy ideas." Ward said in joking tone, Ashton turn to see Ward and Lana still together, "Its to late Mr. Cameron, she already threatened to pop my tires!" Ashton giggled looking at Sarah's shocked expression, "I did not you total lair," Sarah went to hit Ashton lightly with the racket but he dodged it laughing.