Chapter 1

"Your thorns and scars are just as worthy as your petals and stars. Every part of you deserves love."
~ Taylor Ashley

June (3 months after)

Ashton had his head leaning against the window, gazing the passing surroundings of a warm oasis. He saw waves crashing on the shoreline of beaches, something about it felt as if the waves were crashing with in him.

His mother Alice was driving and ranting about how long it's been since she has been on the Island she grew up on and all these different places they needed to check out. Also how much Ashton would love their new home, apparently it was the biggest on the island and newly developed.

Ashton thought back on the night before they left the city....

He was sitting leaned against his bedroom door, head on his knees, tears running down his pale face, and his hands griping his hair on top of his head. As he heard his parents argue from the the living room.

"We have a family Alice, a reputation to uphold, you have to think about what this could do to Ashton," Charles said sternly.

"Ashton is the one that is hurting, I need to get him out of the city, he's hurting himself Charles!" Alice voice wavered.

"How do you know! He barely talks anymore!" Charles yelled.

"Because I asked him and he admitted it! He told me!" Alice screamed. "Dr. Harper said it was true."

"Okay. Well, we'll... we'll talk to more therapist," Charles responded.

"No, I will talk with a new specialist," Alice said.

(Bang! Glass breaking)

"Jesus, Charles stop it!" Screamed Alice. "Let me through the fucking door way god dammit!"

"Will talk to a new doctor together!" Charles yelled.
"Mother and father, husband and wife." 

He continues sternly "And I will talk to Ashton tomorrow morning, before I leave for the airport."

"And what are you gonna say to him? It's not the way a man should act, not the way he should handle his emotions. That men should be strong!" Alice said sarcastically.

She continue with a scoff " Come on... Is it any wonder why he's hurting himself, look what you do to us, all you teach him is to be cold, not to show is emotions and to hit people he loves, is that what you fucking want!"

"He has never seen anything," Charles said emotionally.

" You know he has, you almost fucking put him into the hospital yourself!" Yelled Alice. " And if he hasn't seen everything, he's heard it!"