Chapter 06 - And she'll never know your story like I do

Magsimula sa umpisa

I felt myself fainting. Quinn grabbed me by my waist, not letting me slip off the chair. And I blacked out. When I came back to my senses, he was carrying me to the house. My mom and Ellen were immediately by his sides as he laid me on the couch.

"Darling," Ellen was already holding a glass of water and my mom was after a salt sachet on my bag. "what happened?"

"I think I haven't drank water since we got here" I murmured as I looked at Quinn, who was side-eyeing me.

"Yeah, I think it was that," he covered me. "She went straight to the lake"

"You have to be more careful" my mom scolded.

"I'm sorry" I said and I opened the salt sachet, putting it under my tongue. Ellen handed me the glass of water and I drank slowly. They dispersed after I could sit and Quinn was leaning against the wall, smirking at me.

"You were right and I was wrong"

"About what?" I said putting the glass on the coffee table.

"You are pathetic when you like someone" I threw a cushion at him but he caught it, laughing. Someone cleared their throat. I looked at their direction and it was Jack.

"Am I interrupting?"

"No. Mia just fainted" Quinn said dryly.

"Are you okay?" Jack's expression changed and he stepped closer to me. "Do you need something?"

"Don't worry, I already had some salt and water" I pointed to the glass. "And Quinn didn't let me fall, he carried me"

"That's a relief" he said but he didn't sound like it. "I wanted to go for a walk and was about to call you but since you're not okay, I just go skate"

"Be careful" I say and he nods as he goes outside. Quinn is staring at me. "What?"

"You fainted and I didn't even say who he likes" he seemed entertained with my misery.

"And I don't wanna know," I said. I wanted to lock myself in my room but I couldn't stand up, I would probably faint again. "It's none of my business"

"You sure?" he insisted and I shook my head. "Alright then" he put his arms up. "This is too funny" he said as he walked away.

At night, I was getting ready for dinner when someone knocked at the door.

"Come in" I say as I finish putting on my boots. We always had a barbecue on the first night, even in this cold weather. It would probably snow in a few hours. My mom entered.

"I brought you a lip balm" she said as she put it at the bureau. "You always put on lip gloss instead of it and your lips get dry"

"Thanks mommy" I say in a baby voice and she laughs. "Everybody is ready?"

"Just missing you and Jack"

"As usual" I say as I look at the small container with my jewelry. I didn't have much so I always take it with me when we come here. I decided to wear the pendant Jamie gave me. It matched my lilac coat.

"That's beautiful!" my mom gasped and I blushed.

"It was a birthday gift"

"From a boy?" she said curiously and I rolled my eyes. "What?"

"It could be from Helen"

"No, she know you don't like expensive gifts"

"You're right" I snorted. "It was from a guy. The boys know him"

"So..." she tried to hide her excitement and failed. "Is he single?"

"Mom, I just met him and he's just a friend"