16. Chapter Robots?

Our love was bound to end like this, 

like all the written fantasies,

 too good to be true,

 I should have thought.

Theia's POV

Three days had passed since I found myself at the Avengers tower. Bruce and Tony were most of the time engrossed in their lab activities fiddling with something. The only time that they came out was when Natasha forcibly dragged them out for meals.

Its really nice here but I'm super bored. While the technology and entertainment options were impressive, boredom still crept in, I find myself growing increasingly bored. Sure, there's plenty to explore, from cool gadgets to watching TV or using the computer, but I crave more than that. So, for the past three days I have been roaming around the tower, looking for secret stashes and rooms that Tony undoubtedly built.

Aside from my solo adventures, I've spent a significant amount of time with Cap, Clint, Thor, and Natasha. We've watched TV, played games, and engaged in various activities. Natasha has even started training me a bit.

Today, she mentioned a party to celebrate the successful retrieval of the scepter – that long golden stick with the blue gem. Pretty cool, right? So, here I am, sitting in a room full of adults, and I'd bet my nonexistent money that at least half of them are already drunk.

Interrupting my thoughts, a voice says, "Hey, do you want to dance?" I turn to find a boy, around 18 with brownish hair and a sharp jawline, dressed in casual jeans and dark blue T-shirt smiling at me. Nervously, I respond, "Um, I-I'm not sure." Undeterred, he insists, "Oh, come on, it will be fun."

I then give in, saying, "Um, I mean, it won't kill me, so yeah, I will," He took my hand and led me to the dance floor, and as the music played, we awkwardly moved to the rhythm. It felt strange, probably because I hadn't danced with a boy before. After a few songs, he suggested something. "Hey why don't we go for a drink. I'm thirsty now. I mean after we danced." He laughed

I chuckled and nodded. As we headed to the bar, I noticed that Nat was serving the drinks. Our eyes meet, and she raises an eyebrow. I just smiled and shrugged.

"Hi Nat." I greeted her and sat down on the bar stool "Hey, I would only like water, what about you?" he asks.

"Umm, I would actually like coke," I reply. Nat nods, hands us our drinks, and he sips from his water. I take a sip of my coke, and he asks "Why don't we go sit there on the couches? It would be more comfortable."

"Yeah ok, see you Nat I say as we leave, finding a couch to sit on that was thankfully empty.

As we sat there, he started a simple conversation about our interests and other things. However, nature called, and I excused myself to head to the bathroom.