He shook his head again. “I thought if we met everyday you might start seeing something in me that would attract you. But I should’ve known you don't want me no matter what I do.”

I stay silent. If I had any idea of what to say, I would've spoken by now. I want to tell him it's not my fault if he gets heartbroken but a silly part of me sympathizes with him.

I don't like seeing this broken side of him.

“I'm really sorry. I'm so sorry I kept… I shouldn't have done that. I should’ve taken this rubbish out of my mind when you said you don't want any of it.”

He fists his hands like he's in pain and can't control it. “Please forgive me, I'll just… Gosh how do I leave you now. I'm obsessed with you. I’ve planned our whole life together. How can I light it all on fire now? I'll die, I'll die if I-” He takes a shuddering breath.

“I should stop. I really need to stop. I shouldn't force you more than I already have. It's all my fault. I shouldn't make it more difficult for you.”

“You know what?” Suddenly he took out a gun from his waistband and rushed towards me.

I immediately stepped back and my heartbeat picked up pace as I started thinking it's my last day.

He’s gonna kill me because he couldn't have me.

He’s egoistic. He can't take a rejection.

Before I could grab anything to defend myself, he’s already in front of me with wild eyes. He grabs my hand and forcibly hands me the gun. 

“If I ever show you my face again, just shoot me. Okay? I promise I won't be mad. And no one will ask you a single question, I'm giving you my word. You have all the right to kill me if I bother you again.”

I gulped, shocked at his reaction. “Reign… what are you saying?”

I drop the gun on a table nearby and take hold of his hand. He’s cold. So cold that I cover his hand with both of mine to warm it up.

“I was just a crush. You can move on, it's not that hard.” I say slowly so he understands my words.

His breath calms down as he keeps looking at me with all his focus. He doesn't say anything. There was a peaceful silence like we've just closed a chapter.

“You’re single now.” He blurted out.

He said it with so much conviction that it felt like he knew it. It's not an assumption but a fact. He's sure I'm single.

I immediately leave his hand and step back giving him a nasty look. I thought I could talk him out of it but he's adamant on proving each of my efforts useless. 

“No! I didn't mean it like that. Fuck, fuck, fuckkkkkkk! Why would I say that?” He facepalmed. “Why do I always ruin it?”

“You should go now.” I say without an ounce of emotion in my voice.

“I…” He steps towards me again. “I swear I was just… I shouldn't have asked that. You're right, I should just move on.” He licks his lips, seemingly getting nervous. “Your call records only showed your step and current family. You don't even leave your house unless it's for the workshop. How are you supposed to have a boyfriend? I just assumed you were single so I kept-” He stopped talking and took a deep breath again.

He really did his research. If I ever thought he wouldn't stoop so low to stalk me —since he claims to be a gentleman— I was wrong.

“Why am I even taking about this? Do something. Shut me up!” He rubbed his eyes hard like he’s trying to gain control of himself.