A Letter To My Younger Self.

Dear little me,

There are so many things I want to tell you, but it's hard to know where to start. Life can be so beautiful, and at the time it can be so hard. But you're strong enough to fight your way through it.

Don't grow up too fast. Slow down and be patient, you have so much life left to live. There is so much that life has planned for you - but enjoy this period in your life. Enjoy being young and healthy because it will not last forever. Never waste a second wishing you were older or somewhere else in life. Treasure this time because it really does go by too quickly. You will see, hear and experience things that will urge you to grow up too fast; don't let them.

You are worth so much more than you think you are. This is something that you will struggle with. You will think you're not good enough but I promise you are. You are so much more than enough. Stop looking to others to find your worth. Learn to love who you are and let that be enough. I know that you and those around you have set high expectations for yourself, but please, give yourself a break. You do not have to be perfect, perfect is an illusion.

Try to stop worrying so much. The majority of things that you're worried about will never actually happen. Stop wasting your precious time on the what-ifs. If you keep focusing on what could happen in the future or dwelling on things you can't change from the past, you will miss out on the gift that is here in the moment. Don't look back in 20 years and regret that you never learned to appreciate today. Learn to embrace the present moment.

Hug your grandad a little tighter. Soak up every little moment that you have with him. Call him, let him know how loved and treasured he is. You will not have him forever - make the most of your time together. Hug your dad too. Thank him for all the sacrifices he made for you. He loves you more than you will ever even begin to comprehend and he has given you a life that so many people would love to have.

Be grateful for all you have. Never stop searching for the blessings all around you. If you learn to look, you will find them everywhere. Realise the abundance of blessings that surround you. Be thankful for the people in your life who love and support you. Let them know how much they mean to you.

Stop caring so much about what everyone thinks of you. Stop living for the approval of others, you will never be able to please everyone. There will be people in this life who don't like you. Learn to accept this and move on. Find the people in this world who do appreciate the fire burning inside your heart. Find them and love them hard

- Your future self