nails

--------------------------------------
CLARIFICATION:
This chapter takes place on the same day and right after the previous chapter.

Welcome to the new world order.
--------------------------------------
Things were calmer, Mark felt embarrassed, he had never opened up like that to anyone.

The critic was sitting on the couch in the living room waiting for his partner, the feeling that something was wrong was becoming more and more present.

Why did he do it? He didn't even trust Antonio enough!... he was vulnerable... he never liked being alone, but he was used to it.

-A-Antonio?-Mark was wondering what his partner was doing to take so long, so he got up from the couch and went to the kitchen to find out what was happening.

The moment Mark entered the kitchen he could smell a delicious aroma.

-hmmm, what... What do you cook? - Mark approached with curiosity - RICE?! - Antonio gave a sweet laugh at the opponent's question - Howdo you make that smell so good?! - Mark, who didn't even remember having rice in his kitchen, he put his arm around Antonio's shoulders, who didn't stop cooking.

-heh, the magic of spices was one of the first things my mother taught me about cooking-.

-hm, why are you torturing me like this? You know that neither you or I can eat normal food -Antonio finished cooking, turned off the stove and went to look for a bag.

-eh, well, my muse loved rice...-Antonio took out a plastic bag from one of those "Mother Bags" that every Thrifty person has in their kitchen-I don't know if yours is different, which is most likely, but...it's worth trying- Antonio headed to the basement.

-wait, wait, wait...-Mark stopped his partner before he even left the kitchen-are you telling me that...-Mark took a moment to formulate his question-Did you cook for your muse? -Mark crossed his arms as he questioned the editor.

-um, for me she was like a pet so...yes, I cooked for my muse-Antonio finally left the kitchen towards the basement leaving Mark thinking.

-hm...wow-that definitely made Mark smile.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Mark waited for Antonio sitting at the kitchen table for a few minutes while he put his experiment into practice. Suddenly, Antonio entered the kitchen with a smile but with sad eyes.

-ho,um...It didn't work?-Mark straightened up trying to see the bag of rice in Antonio's hands.

-no..., she loved it -Antonio put an empty bag over they table -My rice never fails-Antonio smiled victoriously as he looked at his companion.

-ah, that's good... I wish I could eat it...-Mark leaned on his fist with his eyes down.

-aww, don't be like that, what did you eat before I got here? -Mark looked at Antonio without moving his head.

-ehhhhh...smptsintatanis...-Mark muttered something almost incomprehensible to the editor.

-Excuse me?-Antonio, who was still standing, moved closer to the opponent.

-tsss...,is just...if I tell you, you're going to make fun...-Antonio stopped showing his teeth to sketch an understanding smile.

-I promise-Antonio placed his hand on his chest and raised the other-that I'm not going to make fun-at no time did Antonio stop smiling.

-well...instant soups...and coffee...and Takis...with coke...-Antonio was not very surprised by the opponent's response-I mean, you have to understand me! For me it was a letter of love to the palate at that time! I had just left school and had to support my sick mother and an idiot who did not do his part. My father was an alimony debtor! I bathed with jicarasos and applied the Wings and engine,dude-Mark stopped for a moment waiting for a reaction from the opponent since he had never called him "dude" -well...it was that or having chachitos with banana for breakfast and, nope, i refused -The critic crossed his arms leaning on the chair.