Ch 5. Baccarat & Bestest of friends

Start from the beginning

Adam POV

Her friendliness is like a magnet to attractive men. I know how that sounds: I'm not being egotistical here, I meant other men. You can see the dreamy look in their eyes after she flutters her lashes and gives them a cute smile; I saw it with Noah in cyber that's why I had to put him in his place.

I'm dressed in my best suit, I thought that my tux was a little much for this mission. I mean we don't need people fan-girling while we are trying to do our jobs, right?

Driving up to her apartment I began debating whether or not I should go up to her door or message her to come down. I'll go to the door. I don't want our first messages to be something lame like 'I'm outside' barf.

I walked up to the two flights of stairs stopping in front of her door. I knocked three times, waited a second then knocked twice just to make sure she heard me.

"Hi Flynn, I cant have Thomas today I got my new jo-" She opens the door looking at my confused face "-b" "Hey Adam, sorry I thought you were someone else"

"Who were you expecting at ten o'clock at night?" I couldn't help but sound a bit jealous.

"Just a friend" she replied, a little taken aback. Whoops, Adam remember no emotion.

Silence overtook us for a minute.

"Should we get going then" I try to ease the atmosphere.

"Uh, Yea" she said, shutting her door. Now stood next to me, I could fully see her outfit.

Jeez, literally speechless. She is so beautiful it is going to be so hard to keep my feelings down tonight.

We parked just down the road from the casino to make us less likely to be followed.

I start to walk to the regular player doors when Callie holds my hand to pull me through the VIP doors, I think my brain has just reset. The bouncer smiles at Callie and lets her in. I'm starting to think Callie has a gambling problem if the bouncer knows her just from her face.

We walk to a table, me still star struck with how beautiful Callie is. Trying to not look suspicious we sat down to play a few games.

I follow Callie to a table filled with mostly middle aged men, we sit down. She pulls out £200 and puts it on the table, the dealer nods at her then hands her chips.

I'm not sure what we are playing but it looks complicated. After the first round I ended up losing £60 so I decided to just stand by Callie, who seemed to be very good at this.

She bet on 'banker' which apparently means something, the dealer placed down two cards opposite Callie then two cards in front of the other person sitting a few seats away. The dealer swiftly turned them over revealing a 4&5 for Callie and two queens for this old man. The dealer then passes Callie two more chips. I'm still a little confused on what the rules are but Callie seems to be good at it.

Callie stands up seemingly finished with gambling now "we should go find him"

I nod following her like a lost puppy.

I felt like I was in a maze with all the corridors we had to take to get to the door with a guard on either side. It was clearly the door we were looking for. It was a smidge suspicious that Callie knew this place like the back of her hand but I'll keep that to myself.

Callie POV

Surprisingly, Adam was really bad at gambling even a simple game like Baccarat.

I still felt a little bad for mistaking him for Flynn but that's on him, who comes to someone's door for the first time and knocks five times. It's a little desperate if you ask me, I'm obviously joking. I thought it was cute that he was so eager to see me.

Anyway, we should probably do our jobs blah blah blah.

I navigated the way to the owner, Garreth's office, Adam still trailing behind. I stop a few metres from the door just out of earshot for the guards.

"You are going to have to wait outside. They aren't going to let you in" I spoke vaguely, waiting for him to argue with me.

"Fine I'll wait, I trust you" I stand corrected.

I walk up to the door leaving Adam standing against the wall, I'm glad Adam was looking the other way as I check him out; His body fits perfectly into his suit, his arms and legs filled with muscle, his ass thick and juicy (sorry Adam but its true), his face as pretty as ever.

Now to meet the devil (not in disguise)

The guards approved me, making Gareth come out.

"Callie, long time no see" he boomed.

"Yeah, I'm just busy you know" I always make the same excuse when I see him but most of the time it's true.

"Of course, I've heard chatter that the legendary 'Emrys' has got a new job"

"Well the legendary 'Emrys' needs to pay rent somehow" I pause for a minute "This is awkward cause were like acquaintance but you haven't been paying your debt soooo"

"Are you being serious right now?" he looks at me deadpanned.

I scratched the back of my neck "I'm sorry alright but you know how it is. God I thought this would have been easier seeing as we haven't seen each other in ages."

"Come on Cal I was just a little bit late on a few payments"

I turn around heading for the door.

"Gareth, Let's go. I really don't want to hurt you"

I look back to see Gareth a few feet away with a gun in his hand. I kick his arms down, making him drop the gun.

BANG!

We both looked down scared that someone was shot only to be met with a hole in the flooring.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
Hiya,
Sorry for inconsistent updates, so here is a long one to ease the pain you are definitely feeling from missing me /s
Love ya
Jammy xoxo

Don't be afraid to interact!!
Words: 1603