Ch 2. Trials & Titles

Callie POV

"Hello, My name's Callie I'm here for the trials" I ask the receptionist confidently.

"Hello dear, you will need to fill out this form then I can tell you all the information" the elderly lady says while giving me a NDA.

Filling these forms out has become second nature to me after all these years. I quickly hand the form back to the nice lady.

"Alright" Clicking on her keyboard I assume she is looking for instructions on the trials "You are wanted in room T45 on floor 22.Once you get of the lift go left then the 5th door on your right, don't worry all the rooms are numbered"

"Thank you, have a nice day!" Making my way towards the elevator, I think about all my previous trails. Trying to think about what to expect from this one.

I press 'level 22' on the elevator wall, looking at my reflection while going up. I didn't know what to wear for the trials so I chose a long sleeve plain black sports top and a grey skirt with sport shorts underneath. On my thigh I have a small pocket knife as well as a gun in the soul of my boot. I thought boots were a good footwear choice as they are like assassin boots not regular boots making them professional yet practical.

A ding rang through the lift and the doors slowly opened. I turned left and started counting the doors on my right, the 5th one had a note on it that said 'welcome callie, please step inside'. I have a funny feeling about this, I placed my bag next to the door as well as my skirt, screw making a good impression. I have a feeling this isn't a meeting room.

I slowly opened the door, my hand near my thigh. Nothing just a normal room. I stood in the middle for a second analysing the room, A door in the far corner caught my attention. Quietly I creeped over, the door started to open and this mammoth of a man came out, Oh fuck.

"what the fuck?"

"Scared sweetheart?"

A disgusted look appears on my face. He starts to approach me, getting closer and closer.

I'm going to need more than a pocket knife.

As I back away I reach a desk grabbing the nearest object, I quietly pick it up, smacking him in the head with it, he pauses head straightening, his eyes felt like they got darker. Using his pause to my advantage I kick him in the groin, his mouth opens and eyes shut, silently screaming. I kicked his chest making him lay on the floor pushing my foot to his head, I brought my knife out holding it near him so he wouldn't move. I crouch "Scared sweetheart?" I mimic just as I lift my foot to stomp on his head, an older couple comes through the door.

"Freddie you are free to leave now" the man sternly exclaimed. 

The what looks like half bear half man stumbles out of the room gripping onto the corridor walls.

"Hello sorry that we have to test all candidates this way," the woman kindly said.

"It's okay I always come prepared" I reassure them, twirling my knife in my hand.

"You're good, where did you learn to kick like that? Freddie could never go down on one kick alone." 

"You know, around" Being vague is always the best option, you never know people's intentions.

"Sorry how rude of us, I'm Mrs Creed and this is Mr Creed. We are the owners of this company."

Mrs Creed (Hannah) POV

"Woah,she is amazing" I whisper to my husband as we watch from the one way glass.

"Is this actually Freddie? or are her kicks that strong?"

Her foot started to lift "Come on John, She's going to kill him in a minute"

We both quickly exit the room, appearing in the trial room. 

"Freddie you are free to leave now" John stated

"Hello sorry that we have to test all candidates this way," I spoke

"it's okay I always come prepared" twirling her knife in her hand.

"You're good, where did you learn to kick like that? Freddie could never go down on one kick alone." I questioned

"You know, around" she replied vaguely 

"Sorry how rude of us I'm Mrs Creed and this is Mr Creed. We are the owners of this company." I introduced

"Let's go to the office to settle the paperwork" my husband ordered

As we were walking to the elevator she picked up a bag and a piece of clothing? Sensing my stares she turned around "I didn't know what type trial this was so I was wearing a skirt over this" 

"Well it's nice to know you're prepared" I smiled

"This way" my husband says in a harsh voice. Callie seemed to ignore his tone but I won't.

As I walked past him through the door I held his face and whispered "Be polite" directly into his ear.

"Sorry darling" he mutters like a sad puppy.

"Have a seat Callie. We will just get your contract now" I explained.

"There is also a different form that we need you to fill out about any past training you have received and titles you own" My partner added

Her eyes widened a bit at the work 'titles', interesting. We will have to see I guess.

Handing her both the forms you could see she is an expert, scanning the page before perfectly signing her signature. She then gets to the experience form, I see the cogs in her head turning while she writes down at least 15 things before crossing a few out then adding several more.

Handing her papers to us she shyly smiles a sorry look spread onto her face as we look at her writing. My husband raises his eyebrow at her weird wording and crossed out sections.

John told her to go wait in reception while we make a decision, we don't normally do that but her qualifications are so good that we would be fools not to hire her. It said on her form that she owns the title to "Street fighter of the year" which you need to fight twice a month to keep that title and "Heaviest kick" by the athletes academy, a worldwide famous school that only graduates the best of the best. The "Heaviest kick" one really does explain her trial as well as it being an impressive award.

Shortly after we notified the receptionist of the decision there was a soft knock on the door. A refreshing change to our children slamming the door open. She sticks her head around the door before coming in. After she sat down we began talking about her job in the illegal business as well as her coworker Adam, my beautiful son. Shaking our hands, she thanked us for the job  opportunity and left. I could practically hear the happiness coming off her but I knew that given a different situation she would have no trouble muting her emotions. I admire that about her, she has worked out how to have the best of both worlds.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Hiya,
Adam's Parents meet Callie how we feeling? Been writing nonstop for like 3 days, there is a lot more chapters.
Love ya
Jammy xoxo

Don't be afraid to interact!!
Words: 1206