Ch 1. Parents & a Potential Soulmate

Adam POV

Working for my parents company is a blessing and a curse, don't get me wrong I love helping out but it's so repetitive 'this guy owes us money go find him' 'he hasn't kept his side of the deal bring him in' Sometimes I even hope they run so at least then I have a challenge.

My brothers are quite happy at their jobs Sebastian works on the legal side of the company, CreedDeeds a housing company that isn't what it seems, Jack my younger brother isn't old enough to work at the family business yet, I think it's just my parents being overprotective I mean he's 17 and is more skilled than some of the workers here.

Sitting in traffic I start to think about all the things I need to do today,

1. Go see mother and father, they have something important to tell me,

2. Meet Gray for lunch; They have been nagging me for the past week,

3. Go shopping; For breakfast I had to eat leftover mash potatoes that I made a few days ago.

A loud buzzing started to awaken me from my thoughts, I started to search for the sound trying not to crash the car; Finally, I grabbed my phone 'Mother' written at the top of the screen, oh god.

"Hello, mama I'm a little busy right now"

"Adda, why aren't you here yet? I nearly had to send Sebastian out to look for you"

"Sorry mum, traffic is a nightmare. I'm going as fast as I can" the traffic light turning red "really?" I whispered to myself.

"Sweetie, you need to get here on time. Your job is important to the company. Do I need to send your father around your apartment every morning to supervise you?"

"No mammy, I am capable of getting there on time it was just today's traffic"

"It better have been" I hear my dad shout

"Okay I'll be there soon"

"Alright baby, love you" my mother answers

I hung up sighing, It's kind of difficult to explain to my parents that not everything that happens in my life is my fault, obviously some things are my fault like I didn't go shopping for the past two weeks so I've been living off canned food and takeout's.

I step out of my car looking up at the grand building.

Speed walking to the lift so my mother doesn't call me again, I quickly hit the 'level 24' button on the side of the wall, as the doors begin to shut I see the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on.

For the next minute or so all I thought about was the girl coming through the doors. I really hope she is lost or is here for the housing company and not my department, god please let her by here for housing.

As the doors open I am met with my mother and father glaring at me. I am 15 minutes late but I'm normally on time, sometimes even early ; Though I don't think my parents have taken that into account.

"Hey mum, Hey dad"

"Don't 'Hey mum, Hey dad' us you are so late" my father spits, one thing you should know about my father is he cannot live without a schedule that we all have to abide to, it was way worse when we were all kids.

"I'm sorry, It won't happen again"

"I know it won't" my father snapped

"So...what did you need to talk to me about?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"We have hired another bounty hunter to work alongside you. In their trial they were brilliant. They took down Freddie, most of the other candidates didn't even lay a scratch on him." My father spoke in awe over this person. I was still in shock Freddie is tougher than tough, a 6,7 giant with arms the size of legs, that works out 6 days a week.

As I walk out my parents office I'm thinking about two things, who is this newbie? and how did they beat Freddie?, as well as that girl before , I can't believe she is still stuck in my head.

Hearing a ding on my phone I pull it out of my pocket 'Alarm' 'Lunch with Gray'. Knowing Gray he's already at the café and is a second away from calling me telling me to get there.

Walking into a café is the best feeling, the smells of coffee and pastries filling your nose.

After examining the café I finally spot Gray looking at me in disapproval. I slowly walk to the table trying to delay the 'you made me wait' speech Gray always has.

"Hi" I say in a wary voice

"Nice of you to join me Adam Creed" Oh shit they used my full name.

"Yeahhh...sorry" I said subtly checking my watch. I wasn't even late Gray was just early.

"Mmh" "Anyway what do you want to drink?" And that my friend is how fast Gray Whitlock's mood can change.

After ordering our food and drinks I ask

"How's work been going?"

"Alright I guess my paintings have started to sell more" I was always jealous of Gray's paintings in school, they are always so good so I'm happy for them.

"Any interesting clients at the gym"

"Oh my god so I was running this guy through the circuit and it involved skipping, so we get to that part and about 5 minutes in and his shorts fall down so he is standing there in his boxers in front of everyone in the gym. I was trying not to laugh because I didn't know if he'd laugh it off or be embarrassed. But he quickly pulled them back up and started laughing"

We both start laughing imagining this man in his pants surrounded by more that 20 people.

I love Gray's stories. He works at a really popular gym in the city and weird stuff is always happening there.

We managed to stop laughing trying to continue our catch up.

"So what about you? What have you been up to?"

I was dreading this question, even though Gray knows about my work it just feels weird talking about it; I start to overthink about how many lives I've ruined, and it makes me all sad and guilty.

"Haven't been up too much. My parents have hired someone to work with me which is kind of cool but I haven't met them yet so they might be a massive dickhead." Gray starts to laugh at my change of attitude toward the end.

"I'm sure it will be fine, don't worry about it." "speaking of new colleagues .... ... ... ...."

Glancing around Gray's head I see familiar looking blonde hair. It's that girl again. For a second I think she is following me but I soon come to my senses, it's a popular café that is close to my parents building. It's not unusual to see my parents' employees here.

Brown eyes connect with my blue, oh shit she's seen me looking at her. She slowly waves at me smiling, my heart starts banging on my rib cage begging to go to her ; I bring my hand up to wave also but not before checking that she is waving at me, god that would have been embarrassing.

I don't understand how she already has such a massive effect on me, I don't even know her name.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Hiya,
If anyone is reading this I hope you enjoyed. My Pinterest board about this book is overflowing, I have so many ideas for it.
Love ya
Jammy xoxo

Don't be afraid to interact!!
Words:
1221