Ch 5. Baccarat & Bestest of friends

Callie POV

The bosses or should I say pretty boys' parents seem nice. I mean as nice as one can get in this line of work. I'm looking forward to working with Adam, him being hot is just a plus.

Adam showed me our office, a large room painted black and grey. Very 'I'm masculine, don't talk to me' vibes. Two desks sat opposite each other, one clearly used with papers scattered everywhere, the other bare only a laptop sitting on top of the desk. Adam sees me looking at the laptop curiously.

"That's your company laptop" he says shortly

"Oh, okay"

I stalk towards the desk, Adams eyes following my every move.

Adam clears his throat harshly "Files come in at the start of the day for us to look over. We sort them then hand them out to other workers if it is more suited to their training. Their is a meeting at the end of the week that will go over certain files and shows our success rate"

Even though his parents have already explained my job in detail, I want an excuse to talk to him.

"Alright, thank you" "Has the files come in for today" I know for a fact they have, Mr Creed is very strict on schedules.

"Yes, I sorted them out when you were talking to my parents" he pointed at the piles of paper "We need to go hand out that pile to the cyber unit"

We walked into this open style office filled with computers and workers typing things so quickly my brain can't follow.

"Hey, I'm Noah" "I'm head of Cyber"

God do they only hire hot men here.

"Hi, I'm Callie" I said with a smile on my face "I'm new here" Noah smiles back at me mischievously.

I turn to the side signalling Adam to hand him the files. Adam glares at him and dumps the files onto his desk.

"Thank you, Bye" I beam while grabbing Adam's wrist to pull him to the elevator.

When we get back Adam asks me to sort out our pile into solos and team missions. His cheeks are a little red, maybe he's coming down with something.

As I'm looking through the files I see a mission for the owner of a casino I know, God do I know him. I look at the photo that is attached, memories flooding back to me. He's as hot now as he was then. The only difference is that now he has a small scar on his cheek.

Adam looks over as I'm focusing on the picture of the casino owner.

"Do you want that one to be your first mission"

"Yea, could it?"

"Of course, can I look over it?" I handed him the file.

"I know some workers there I can get us in tonight" I offer.

"That would be helpful"

"The dress code is pretty important at this place. A suit is a must, a tux is better, if you have one. Expensive watches are common there so people can show they aren't a first timer"

"Well, It's good I have a watch collection then" he jokes "I'll pick you up at ten."

"Ten's good" I nod, moving a file to a different stack.

"Can I have your phone number?" he blushes "I mean, I might need it encase I get lost trying to find your place and maybe you need to message me about work I'll need a way to answer you and-"

"You can have my number. You know in case you get lost" I wink at him putting a stop to his rambling. His face now beetroot red.

He hands over his phone silently asking me to add my number. After putting my number in I decided to mess with him a little bit and save myself as 'hottie from work'. I gave his phone back to him, I could see his eyes reading the name his cheeks get redder by the second.