Ch 4."So how do you know Callie?"

Adam POV

I walk into my apartment after work looking in the fridge for some food, shit I forgot to go shopping. I'm going to just have to go shopping now otherwise I'm not going to eat tonight.

I walk into the shop grabbing a shopping basket. Walking around the shop I caught a glimpse of the same brown eyed girl again, why is she everywhere today? Making my way further down the aisle I debate whether to talk to her or not, I won't it will be weird. I'm only a few steps away when she turns away from the fridges smiling, I guess I'll have to talk to her then. 'Don't be weird Adam' I think to myself.

"Hi" she shyly spoke

"Hello, twice in one day" I eyed her suspiciously leaving out that I saw her at my parents company.

"I promise I'm not following you, we just didn't have any ice-cream at home" she defends, pointing at the ice-cream a little boy was holding. A bit of me cracked at the possibility of her being in a relationship, not that I care.

I look down nodding seeing the flavour of the ice-cream the boy is carrying. I awkwardly began making conversation "So you like chocolate I'm more of a strawberry guy myself"

"I like vanilla, this is for my dad" He remarked

Yep. So.. she isn't single. Ugh. You don't even know her Adam, stop feeling things; She's so pretty though.

I quickly catch my hurt storing it inside "I'm Adam by the way"

The woman began to speak but the little boy started pulling on her arm.

"Callie, can we go now I'm hungry" The child states continuing to pull her arm down.

"Yeah we will go now Tom" She answered "Well, It was nice to actually talk to you but I must go. "She jokes wearing an apologetic smile "Bye" She waves just like she did last time, while turning to walk off.

Say something idiot. "You too, Bye"

I wonder why her son called her by her name. I can't complain though I was too much of a coward to ask her name; 'Callie' suited her so well.

I stand there frozen for a second thinking about how perfect she is but how she has a boyfriend or even worse a husband so I shouldn't think about how pretty she is. All I could think about however is our conversation, while I was driving, when I was filling the fridge, after I called my mother. Soon enough it was time to sleep, I can't be late to work tomorrow my father will have my head.

As I drive to work I keep thinking about my 'new colleague'; What are they going to be like? I really hope they aren't a smart-arse. But I have faith in my parents, they wouldn't hire someone that would give me actual hell would they?

Walking through the lobby is an everyday task but someone shouting in the lobby is very uncommon. I look around to find 'Callie' running up to me with a smile on her face. Okay so I don't think she is here for housing.

"Hi" She says this time, panting

"Hello" I spoke slowly

"So what are you up to?" Callie questioned

"Going to work" I answered

"Cool, I am too" Okay so definitely not here for housing.

We start heading for the lift both going to press the button at the same time, we make eye contact, and something happened. I don't know what but the air shifted. Now I'm starting to notice all the details on her face close up.

No wonder she has a kid.

While I was admiring her she pressed the button, still caught up on her beauty I didn't realise we were heading to my parents office. I guess I'm seeing my parents this morning. Well, I'm not late so that's good. I'm the first to step out of the elevator catching the attention of my parents.

"Hiya baby, glad you got here on time your dad didn't want to go over your apartment" My mother smiles walking over to hugging me.

My father grunts a good morning like always which I know is going to get him in trouble later, my mother isn't the lenient woman you think she is.

"Oh Callie come in, come in" Mother waves

Honestly I completely forgot she was here. She smiles awkwardly walking over to my mother.

"Adam this is Callie your new partner"

We both turn to each other shocked, I slowly raise my eyebrow at her. Not to judge her parenting skills but I mean really you pick this job when you have a kid.

When Callie moved to talk to my mother about the job and how things work I walked over to my dads desk trying to give them some privacy.

"So how do you know Callie?" Father enquired

"I don't" Okay maybe a bit defensive Adam, take it down a notch.

"Oh Adam, please don't tell me you've had sex with her" Dad said disappointedly

"What? NO" "I don't know her. I just saw her around a few times and had a brief conversation with her at the supermarket with her kid" I spoke still slightly wincing at the words 'her kid'

My father hummed, patting me on the back with a knowing smile on his face. He walked over to his wife standing besides her chair chiming in on conversation with Callie.

Mr Creed (John) POV

When my boy and Callie walked out from the elevator I knew something happened, Adams naturally peach cheeks look slightly more red. Callie was looking at the paintings on the office walls, having not been noticed by my wife yet. I quickly made a small wave to her before carrying on marking paperwork.

My wife finally acknowledges the young woman standing next to the wall, calling her over to have a talk.

I expected Adam to leave but no, he's the same little boy who cried while playing in the park with other kids because he wanted to play games with his parents or the 6 year old that cried so much he was sick after I told him I had to go on a business trip.

He sat in the chair in front of my desk looking back at Callie 'subtly' ever so often. Suspicious something is going on.

"So how do you know Callie?" I asked casually

"I don't" Adam snapped

I went to question what that tone was for, when the penny dropped the weird atmosphere in the lift, the eye contact, Adam looking back at her.

"Oh Adam, please don't tell me you've had sex with her" I can't believe him. I am so disappointed in him, not that Callie isn't good enough or something, just him banging any random stranger.

"What? NO" "I don't know her. I just saw her around a few times and had a brief conversation with her at the supermarket with her kid" I didn't know she had a kid, She didn't say anything in the interview. Now I know Adam definitely has a thing going on with Callie, I saw him make a face when he spoke about her kid you don't do that about strangers kids.

I hummed, not convinced I patted him on the back with a knowing smile on my face. It's cute he has a crush, Callie seems nice unlike his ex-Girlfriend. Leaving him be, I walked over to my wife joining in on the explanation of Callie's role in the company.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Hiya,
Adam's got a crush 🙊
Love ya
Jammy xoxo

Don't be afraid to interact!!
Words: 1269