Chapter 30

M A X

Grace and I walk around through the gardens and around the house, she tells me about each one of her siblings and how much she loves each and every one of them.

I'm surprised at how sweet she is, Its a little refreshing to be honest. To be with someone who is actually real.

She really does care about people and it's so natural.

"So how do you like living with your dad and uncles?" She asks as we find a nice spot under the tree, perfect view of their house.

I shrug as I lay down, the sun shining on the big house but the shade of the tree, "it's going ok so far."

"I mean they aren't the worst" I say.

She laughs slightly "well that's good, but is it hard because I know how stubborn they can be."

I nod and laugh slightly, "yeah I get that from Romeo but Antonio and the others have been really nice to me."

She nod and smiles at me, "give him some time, he was like that with me too at first."

I raise a brow, "really?"

She smiles and nods, letting out a little laugh "oh yeah, he was rude and wouldn't talk to me, it took a few months and now we are best friends."

I let out a laugh, "best friends? I didn't think he had any friends."

She smiles brightly looking down at me, "well only me."

I smile and nod "well I would be his friend if he would stop being so difficult."

"Then we will have to just loosen him up a little." She giggles as she says and I think we have a plan brewing.

A N T O N I O

"I love her so much Ant, she's so precious and looks so much like you!" Cherry hasn't stopped talking about max since we arrived and I can tell it's making Max uncomfortable but she'll just have to get used to it, shes apart of our family now and she's special.

She's special to me and to all of us now.

Liam laughs slightly and holds her hand over the dinner table, "okay cherry lets not scare the poor girl."

Max smiles and shakes her head, "don't worry I'm fine to be honest, it's all really nice."

It's cute as I see Max blush when Cherry doesn't stop, "I really can't wait, you and Antonio could do the dad and daughter dance just like Liam did with grace."

I nod and smile at Cherry, she's always looked out for me and is so caring, I don't know if Max can tell but I'm trying to bond as much as I can.

Grace chimes in next, smiling so much, "I agree, I loved it dressing up and the food."

Max laughs slightly but shakes her head, "I don't really dance."

I smile at her, "I do and personally I would love to go."

She smiles slightly but I can sense the hesitance in her eyes, it makes me pause slightly wondering if it's me or if it's something else.

I clear my throat and continue eating, "but it's your decision, whatever you want."

She nods and smiles "I'll think about it."