Chapter 3

A N T O N I O

I was exhausted when I got home. I finally have a target. The Irish Mafia.

Those bastards have crossed the line. Stealing and lying to us, they have been the lowest ranking so far but trying to reach us was laughable.

No one will ever be able to break us.

It's great to finally have a plan and be ahead.

Before I can get into my dark bedroom, my phone rings.

Who the fuck is calling me so late?

"What?" I answer, bearly able to contain my irritation.

"Is this Antonio ricci?" A female voice asks me. I hear some clicking in the back ground.

"Why?" I question. This better not be some prank call leo as orchestrated with his stupid friends.

"We have done a DNA test and looked into it to confirm you have a child here." She continues but I hang up.

Child? No way, this is definitely a prank.

The phone rings again but I ignore it.

I ignore the strange gut feeling I have about that call. Maybe, I'm just hungry.

The phone won't stop ringing, and again I feel indifferent about answering.

"What do you want?" I groan, answering the phone once again.

"I'm so sorry to disturb you sir but I have to inform you about your child Max." Again with this child thing.

"Listen I don't know what to tell you but I don't have a child. You have the wrong number."

She sighs "but the information is all here. Sir please just come here. I'm sure we can clear this up."

"Fine but if this is a waste of my time-"

She cuts me off "great I'm so happy you've changed your mind."

I swear women can be so convincing sometimes.

~~~

After many meetings I've decided to go to see why people think I have a kid.

The police station is small, so I struggle to wonder how they even did a DNA test.

"You must be Antonio?" A lady comes from behind me and I nod. It's the same one that I talked to on the telephone.

"I'm so happy your here now max is sleeping but I have to ask you a few questions in case you still are skeptical."

Of course I'm skeptical. Who wouldn't be in this weird situation.

"Here are the DNA results and it says right here Max's mother was Katy M Marshall."

I can't help but gasp. My old girlfriend was the mother to this child. I can't process what the lady says next all I can here is a ringing in my ear.

I'm alarmed, Max could be mine.

It's all true. I can't deny it because I did have a guy feeling, something was telling me it was true but I didn't want to believe it.

"So what now?" I ask suddenly, not sure if to myself or to her.

"Well you can always sign custody papers and have max stay with you." She sounds hopeful. Of course I will, Max is mine.

"Ok I'll do it," I smile a little. I have a son, named Max.

I have a boy named Max.

My boy.

Its so unreal but I find myself ecstatic. I never thought kids were an option for me but now it is.

I promise I'll be the best father just like my own was to me.

After the papers are all done and signed, I wait patiently for them to bring in max to meet me.

I wonder what he's like? Does he look like me? Or Katy?

However I stop dead in my tracks when they bring in a small skinny girl.

"This is max."

Max is a girl. They never told me that.

I have a girl named Max.