5: Joe Biden

Charlotte's Main View

Ethan smiled at her answer and lay backwards on his bed, joining his hands together to form a cushion behind his head.

Char tried not to look at the patch of skin that was shown when his shirt lifted up. Was she drooling? Maybe anyways—Ethan was talking.

"We start off simple. We each think about a thing. Whoever can guess the answer with the least number of questions wins, you wanna pick the category," Ethan said, stretching out his legs on the bed. Charlotte remained sitting next to him, holding the pillow to herself.

"Category iconic figures. If I win, then you have to do all my household chores for a week," Charlotte smirked, imagining herself relaxing by the pool while he washed the dishes.

Ethan nodded thoughtfully. "Fair enough. If I win, you have to show me your collection of spicy books."

Charlotte gasped. "How do you know about those? Did Colton tell you?"

He leaned in, intrigued. "You're just not good at hiding them-- What happened with Colt?"

She shook her head, opting to pretend none of this was happening.

She shifted so she was facing Ethan better. "Well, since I picked the category I'll guess first. Ready?"

Ethan thought for a few seconds, and hummed to himself then nodded.

"Okay. Are they still alive?"

After 14 questions, Charlotte managed to guess Ethan's person, 'Santa'. It was respectable because Santa is indeed iconic but not what she was thinking. Over the course of the game she somehow ended up laying down next to Ethan. His bed was so comfortable.

"Ready," she said, smirking as she thought of her person. She bit her lip to hide her grin, but she was smugly sure he would never guess what she had in mind.

Ethan stretched, sighing. "Alive?"

"Yeah. There's your first question."

He studied her for a few seconds, then glanced down away for a second with a smirk. "I know it's not me?"

She sat up, shocked. "How the hell did you know?"

He smugly sat up too. "You should know, you have zero poker face. I can read you just as easily as you read those sex books you love so much."

She smacked him, offended. "Why do you love to embarrass me like this?"

He was laughing at her.

"Whatever. Well, you somehow managed to win with a single question, you idiot. I suspect witchcraft anyways. Now you get to see my porn collection, lucky you."

"Later," Ethan told her. "It's almost time for dinner. I'll cook for you." He stood up, walking across the room and holding the door for Charlotte.

"Why thank you. I feel so spoiled."

They walked together down the stairs, with Ethan's hand resting politely on the small of her back. It was a perfectly gentlemanly move, but she still felt hot shivers run through her body from his warm hand.

Don't, Lottie. Just don't.

He made her some sort of cheesy pasta with veggies and chicken. It was incredible.

"Should've bet that you'd be my personal cook, instead of making it about chores," Char said, after enjoying the last bite.

Ethan smiled as he watched her eat, leaning his back against the countertop behind him, next to the dishwasher. He didn't talk that much most of the time, but she'd noticed when it was just them two he tended to get a little chattier.