Chapter Nine

Today is graduation, I'm excited and nervous and scared all at once. I stand in line and wait for my name to be called, and then I hear "Grace Connors." I walk up to the center of the stage to recieve my diploma. A few names later and Tristan's name is called. After that we go to my house and celebrate.

We eat cake and other snacks. I open all of my gifts first. From my parents I get art supplies. From Tristan's parents I get a picture of me and Tristan in a beautiful frame, and finally from Tristan I get a bracelet that says Tristan and Grace forever with hearts on both sides. Tristan gets a sketch of us together from me and a gift card from my parents. His parents give him a gift card as well.

My family and Tristan's family go to dinner together at a really nice resteraunt. Tristan and I share school memories. We laugh a lot and we have a really good time.

Instead of going to the ropes courses we are going on a cruise because Sarah can't do the ropes course. I'm a little nervous to be on a ship but once I look around the fear quickly leaves. I share a suite with Sarah and Eric, it has two rooms, a big bathroom and a living room area. Tristan's room is right across the hall so we are not to far.

The ship has two pools and a big dinning room. It also has a deck with beach chairs. Tristan and I go explore the ship and find a game room, a hot tub, and a tv room. There is not much on the shisp but we are only taking it to some island in the Bahamas.

I decide to go tanning with Tristan's mom. We go up to the deck with beach chairs. We put sunglasses on and our big sun hats so that our faces don't get tanned. I end up falling asleep after turning to my stomach. When I wake up my whole back from my shoulders to my feet is burnt. I can't see it obviously but I sure can feel it.

I go to find mom to see if she can put anything on my burn. I find her in the living room of the suite. "Mom it hurts," I whine. I turn so she can see and she laughs a little. "Its not funny" I say. "Okay, lay face down on the couch. I will go get some cream," she says going to one of the bedrooms. I do as she asks, but it hurts to move.

She comes back with sunburn cream. "Thanks mom," I say just before she starts. As soon as the cream touches me I bite my lip and try not to make noise. I groan, this is quite painful. I'm never tanning ever again, not if I burn like this.

Tristan comes in and laughs, "wow tan much." I roll my eyes, "you would so not be saying that if you were in my place," I say. "If I poke it would it hurt?" He asks. I sit up so fast. "Don't even think about it," I say. "Okay, I'm sorry," he says.

We watch movies for the rest of the day, I know you all are thinking 'you are on a cruise and you are watching a movie?' I'm so tired, this burn knocked me out.

Authors note: I'm sorry I am incredibly late. I have had a lot of stuff going on.