Chapter One

Today I met my new foster parents Sarah and Eric Miller, they were pretty nice but I know I won't be here long. Sarah told me that I have to go to public school instead of home school. She is going to get me a car so I don't have to rely on her all the time.
I will be moving in today, luckily my bedroom is huge. It will be the same as my last school, it was terrible everyone avioded me like the plague. In no way am I beautiful but I'm not diseased. After the first few schools I got used to it.
There is a few things you should know about me 1: I am a person who is better off alone, 2: My relationship status is non-existing. 3: My only friend is my dog Pepper. I got Pepper when I was ten, she hasn't left me since.
"So, tell us about yourself," Eric says. "Um, do I have a choice?" I ask. "You don't have to but it would be nice to know more about you," Sarah says sweetly. "Well I prefer to be alone, I like to read, and according to my old foster parents I am a 'troubled teen' and I am 'uncaring toward others'" I say quietly. "Can I please go to my room now?" "Sure honey, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask," Sarah says and pats my shoulder.
In my room I sit and cry, on the outside I'm hard but even I have breaking points. Pepper starts licking my face, she always knows when I need comfort. My smart little terrier. I go over my school schedule and try not to think too much about stuff. I plug in headphones and sleep. Its a dreamless sleep but its a nice nap.
For dinner we have lasagna and garlic bread. It puts a small smile on my face to know that Sarah and Eric made such a nice meal for me. "Thank you its very good," I say when I am almost done. "Oh it was no problem making it we wanted to make you a nice warm dinner for your first day here," Sarah says with a smile.
After dinner I go back upstairs and listen to music as I fade away into the world of sleep. Tomorrow will be a long day, a very long day.