he parked his car at just the end of the path and grabbed the pack of beers before hopping out and mindlessly stumbling towards the field. he ultimately stopped when he reached a certain spot, plopping down onto the ground. he undid his tie, letting his hang lazily around his neck before grabbing another beer and instantly chugging it down.

despite his vision becoming hazy now, he could still make out the beautiful view of the lake in front of him. the moonlight's reflection shined so bright over the wavering lake and it looked just how it did the night that taehyung laid on the same spot, making love with jungkook.

that's what it was. that's what felt so different that night. it really wasn't just a casual hook-up anymore.. it felt so much stronger than that and it drove taehyung insane trying to figure that out in the last few days.. and it took everything.

it took everything for it to come into the light.. but it also took just minutes for everything to come crashing down on him.

he threw himself back, laying flat on the grass as he closed his eyes shut, drunken tears streaming down his face. it was all becoming too much too quickly and his inebriated state didn't help whatsoever.

he instantly broke down crying, wiping endlessly at his eyes as he heaved up and down, trying his hardest to stop but ultimately failing. he cried and cried on the empty field, wishing for the warmth of someone who would probably never give it back to him again. deservingly so, taehyung knew he was guilty, he knew it wasn't okay what he had done back at the school and that's what killed him.

he did always swear to defend and protect him ten years ago.. just to become the one who hurt him the most.

dazed and distraught, taehyung laid on the ground with his mind full of everything, his eyes falling shut once again as he drowned in his own thoughts, hoping he wouldn't wake up for another day.

"kid c'mon, wake up.. you're trespassing on private property. if you do not wake up in the next 30 seconds, we will have no choice but to arrest you."

at this, the now disheveled boy's eyes slowly fluttered open. it was hard to see what he was looking at due to the bright sun shining down directly at his face but when his eyes finally focused in, they instantly widened.

a pair of police officers looking down at him, one now reaching a hand out to help taehyung up, to which he hesitantly took. it was morning now, way past the time that he ended up passing out. usually taehyung probably would've really freaked out waking up to some cops threatening to arrest him but with the night he had.. it really couldn't get worse from here.

the officers both helped the boy brush all the grass off of his expensive suit that he still wore before one of them looked off to the side where the empty bottles of beer all scattered around the field. he then looked back at taehyung, tilting his head, now waiting for an explanation.

taehyung lazily shrugged. "bad prom night."

"i might as well just kill myself now," taehyung mumbled under his breath as he pulled up into the driveway of his house.

standing right at the door, his father stood there, arms crossed and brows furrowed at the sight of his son arriving home after disappearing all night.. with a police car driving right behind him on top of that.