Chapter 15

20 years ago

Agile sounds erupted from the chaos around; blood gushed out from the dying bodies of many as they were knocked, stabbed, and struck to the ground. The sight was quite messy, sour and devastating. An 8year old boy hiding behind the wood watched as the dirty scene unfolded. With a trembling body and tears stained green eyes, he held on to the big tree tightly as if it was the last hope he could depend on. His eyes searched drastically for his parents, but none of them seemed to be near.

'Mama' He cried out. 'Papa' He added. But he wasn't graced with any response. His father had hidden him behind the wood, with a strict warning not to leave there until he came back to carry him.

"Don't leave here until I come back, and if you don't see me get back, wait till everyone leaves before you... you go back home" His voice broke as he spoke the last five words.

"No papa, I will not go home without you and Mama" The small boy had said, fear written all over his features. With a deep kiss on his forehead, his father had left him there and the small boy had waited for hours after that as chaos unraveled before him.

He grew out of patience and left his spot for the first time in hours, with the intention to find his parents. He tripped on a dead body and started crying but continued walking.

'Papa! Mama!' His voice was strained and croaky but he continued to tour the gloomy setting till he finally identified his mother, he bolted forward and crashed to the blood-stained ground that she was on.

"M... mama" He stammered as fear and sadness gripped his whole tightly. He held her face in his hands and she struggled to open her eyes. She looked like she had been holding on to her last breath because after her eyes met his, a big smile appeared on her face despite her condition.

"C.. Come forward" She managed to utter, and pressed a long kiss on his cheek with her shivering lips.

"What happened to you mama?" He asked in tears

"G... go away fr.. From here, you sh.. Shall be great son" And that was all she said before her body went cold and rigid. Realization striked him and his breathe hitched in despair. He remained there with his mother's dead body held tightly in his arm until a white-haired man armed with a sword and other weapons appeared from nowhere and carried him onto his shoulder.

"Who the hell are you! Leave me alone, that's my mother" He screamed but the person didn't oblige.

"You are going to be killed if you get caught, small child" His Husky voice warned.

"I will die with my mother" His voice faltered as he burst into full-blown tears.

"Sorry about your mother son, but you need to live so I won't leave you to die"

"I'm not your son! Where is my father?" He continued to cry. "And who are you, did you hurt them?"

"No, of course no. Call me Lukes and.." He was cut short as he dodged an arrow that lunged forward to hit at him, he carried the child again and ran as fast as his tired legs could before he stopped and hid him in the bush.

"What is your name?" He asked the little boy

"M... my name is Tyrion" He answered. His innocent green eyes looking directly into the man's blue experienced ones.

"Wait here Tyrion. I, Sir lukes will be back to take you home"

***

"Wake up from your slumber, you weakened bastard" Aaron insulted as he wasted a steel bucket of water on Tyrion.

Tyrion could hardly differentiate his present from his past as he slowly lifted his head up and muttered incoherent sentences. Aaron heard something though.

"Where is Papa"

"Papa?" Aaron bursted into laughter. "Your delusional State is expected, knowing that you've been deprived of food for almost two days now. My men didn't discipline you that much, did they?" He mocked and Tyrion blood-shot eyes were raised at him, his hands still tied to the pillars at his sides as he blinked rapidly.

"Isolde wouldn't like you like this, you look like hell" Aaron mocked again but Tyrion wasn't having it.

"Keep her name out of your fucking mouth" Tyrion groaned and Aaron paused to look at him before a smirk fell on his face.

"If I were you, I would be begging me to release you not the other way round. You sure have a lousy mouth for a weak soul like yours" Aaron spat. His words were met with a deep, almost silent chuckle from Tyrion and that annoyed him. He wanted Tyrion to fear him, he wanted to have a horrid effect on him but Tyrion's actions had proven otherwise, only that he was weak. That was the only effect Aaron could summon on Tyrion.

"Does the king know you hide me in here?" Tyrion asked and Aaron gritted his teeth.

"Yes, he asked me to kill you" He angrily sneered 

"You are lying,'' Tyrion told him. Seeming like he just decided on something, Aaron left without another word, and hours later, Tyrion drifted to an unconscious state again, a state that took him back to his past as his arrow wound kept weakening him and driving him into endless pain.

____

"Help me" Little Tyrion called out amidst sobs to no one in particular. His Brown hair was disheveled, cloth thorn and his lips had dried to the point of cracking. Luke hadn't come back and his mother had died, his father was no where to be found.

"H.. help me" He's crying now. He thought he heard a voice replied him and he looked around, he must have imagined it but the voice spoke again.

"Son of Xander" The bold and alluring voice called out.

"Who are you? Where are you? Please show your face I'm scared"

"Son of Xander, my name is Alan. I can't be seen and only you can hear me" The voice said to him, the sharp strides of the Bush tore his skin as he jumped up; causing a whimper out of him. He would have cared more about the wound if a bigger issue hadn't caught his attention.

"A.. Are you real?" Tyrion tiny voice asked, perplexed.

"I'm real as you, and I'm your Spiritual Guardian from today onward, tell nobody about me"  Just then, Lukes appeared from nowhere and heaved a sigh of relief as he spotted Tyrion.

"Thank God you are still here, we have to go now" Lukes said to him and lifted him onto his shoulder.

___

"Son of Xander" The familiar voice of Alan rang in Tyrion's ears.
________

(Author's Note)

Hi guys, thank you for reading through my first story on Wattpad. I apologize for the inconsistent updates and I promise to get better.

What do you think about the book so far?  I would appreciate your comments and vote★ I want to know what my readers are thinking.

Thank you again for reading my book, I love you all xoxo❤️🥰