Chapter 14

If you have been following this story from the beginning, it means you love it. And I appreciate that than you can ever know. Do me a favor and click on the 'vote' button as you read each chapter. Tell your friend about the book and tell them to tell a friend. Here is an appreciative Kiss to your forehead '😘'

_____

By the time Lady Aurora and Isolde got home, she was a panting mess. The parts of her skin that her cloth didn't cover were moistened with sweat and she was burning with a high temperature. Aaron had taken her with him on his horse and had helped her inside when she seemed so weak to climb off  herself.

"I will take care of her, you can go." Lady Aurora said to Aaron after he placed Isolde on the bed. He hesitated but Lady Aurora insisted.

"She will be fine." She assured him before he left. Selena approached them from the room and quickly sat beside Isolde.

"She's burning up. What happened to her? Did you see her with Tyrion? Was she affected by the raid?" Selena asked, rushing her questions. Lady Aurora ignored her and took Isolde's hand into hers as she accessed her tattoo.

"Oh Lord" She muttered, her breath quickened and she recomposed her expression. Selena lips formed an 'O' as she took in th view before her as well.

"Why is the lock fading?" She naively questioned.

"The... the lock, what is happening?" Lady Aurora asked no one in particular.

"I need you to tell me everything that happened while you were with him, don't leave any information out" Lady Aurora declared at a weakened Isolde.

"D... did he truly have something to do with this?" Isolde asked, confused and restless.

"That boy is no ordinary human! What have you done? Tell me everything" She lamented while Selena flinched at the intensity of her voice.

"We made love and slept afterwards, he.. he told me I went unconscious in the morning and and... I don't know, it's all blurry now" Isolde disclosed and an uncomfortable silence followed as Lady Aurora stood up and walked to the wall as an uncomfortable tension builded amidst them.

"You what?" Selena broke the few seconds of silence looking beyond amazed.

"Say something mother, I didn't know anything, I... I thought I could be with him. I'm so sorry" She stated as tears streamed down her pale-looking face.

"Why? Why did you?" Lady Aurora turned back to meet Isolde's eyes.

"I told you to stay away from him but what did you do? You had Aaron!"

"I thought I could love him! I feel for him! I don't love Aaron mother, I never did."  She exclaimed and Shifted on the bed that she was on.

"You are so pathetic" Selena dissed and left for the room. Isolde's guilty eyes traced after her before returning to meet lady Aurora's.

"I love him mother. Why are you so disturbed?"

"Because he's an enemy  that was sent to destroy this land. Being with him has left you vulnerable to your dark power, he had gotten information about you, us and wants to take your powers away from you!" She exclaimed.

"Dark power? What dark power?" Isolde asked, curiosity developing her. Lady Aurora's face lightened up as she realized she had never told Isolde about the dark power before which she just spilled out of being infuriated. She leaned and sat back on the bed right beside Isolde.

"There is a lot you need to know, young girl" She said.

***

Tyrion let out hot breaths as the last hit of the numerous blows fell on the back of his head, his pupils dilated as he gave in to the pain. His clothing was soaked in blood and his head helplessly fell downward as his two hands were tied to the wall. He felt a new presence as the sound of footsteps approached him.

"Leave" The person ordered the guards, leaving him and Tyrion In the room. Aaron walked up to him and shifted the big sleeve of his gold and black clothing up before lifting Tyrion's chin with his left hand.

"You will never lay your hands on her again after I finish with you" He told him, his voice mean.

"Youu are so pet... ttyy" Tyrion spat at him, his voice croaky with tiredness. Aaron let out a loud laugh before walking round the room, his charisma evident.

"Did you remember the first time you got to this land? You didn't even lay one hand on me. I beat you like you were a mere slave. I would gladly do that again, but considering how messed up you are right now, I may want you to have some rest." Aaron said to him. Tyrion remained silent as he watched Aaron speak.

"I have known Isolde since she was a child. She's so strong yet innocent. Her smile is so contagious. Eyes so blue you would feel the need to swim in them. I had watched her grow her passion for dance, so I introduced her to the palace. I built her into the woman she is today. You are not good for Isolde, you can't be good for Isolde. I am the man for her. I have always been the man for her." He looked back at Tyrion as he said the last sentence with a thick and threatening voice.

"If you are lucky that you don't die here, I don't want to ever see you with Isolde again or else, I will fry your bones" He threatened and motioned to leave the room but Tyrion's voice stopped him in his tracks.

"Why did you do it?" Tyrion asked, prompting  Aaron to turn back.

"Do what?"

"You planned the attack and pretended to be her Knight in shining armor. Tell me, were you spying on her?" Aaron's eyes widened at Tyrion's choice of words before he returned to his initial composure. He let out a mocking laugh while Tyrion's gaze didn't break from him.

"You must be silly" Aaron commented and dashed out of the room.

———————

(Next update coming soon, don't forget to click on the vote button, love you!)