Chapter 9

This chapter is unedited, I just had to update it amidst my tight activities. Forgive the errors and enjoy🥂

____________________________________

Town: Wyvernholt

"He is here" Camilla informed Seraphina, who was busy having Her bath in a pool of hot water. Her white hair, succumbing to the water melted on her skin as she popped up her head to make herself more visible. She exhaled slowly, her eyes opening to meet Camilla's.

"Call him in" Camilla bowed and exited.The man emerged and walked slowly towards Seraphina, his gaze down, as he awaited her command.
"Peace be onto you My lady" He greeted in his bowing state.

"I've been looking forward to this. My black heart is beating so fast and impatiently, do you have it?" Seraphina asked. The man remained in his bowing state as he spoke up. "Not yet my lady, the palace security was tight. I tried hard to gain privacy with Fernando, but the remaining guards didn't leave."  He conveyed. Seraphina stepped out of the water. All naked, she walked towards the side of her bathing room and grabbed a black robe to cover her body with, then walked towards him. She stopped right in front of him.

"That's bad news" She said.

"I know my lady, I know. I'm asking for a last chance. I will get you the sorcerer eye" He promised, his voice laced with rigid assurance as if trying to make her see through the depth of it.

"Just this last chance or else, I would call it a war. And you know what that means, you wouldn't be alive to see it." Seraphina threatened.

"I promise you, my lady"

*****
Tyrion's POV

I went after Isolde the moment she finished performing.
"Spare me some moments, my Princess" I had taken an excuse from Princess Matilda and she responded with a bright smile and a nod. I made my way through the crowd and seized Isolde's hand the moment I reached her. Her head jerked backward, undoubtedly shocked by the abrupt hold on her hand. Her blue eyes squinted as she assessed me.

"You seem to have a thing with grabbing my hand, don't you?" In some way, hearing her speak added to the excitement coursing through me. Her presence felt inexplicably right, like I had found where I belonged. I recomposed myself to make sure I wasn't giving all I was feeling away on my face.

"Why are you here tonight?" I found myself asking her before I could take it back. She felt like my business.
"What's that question about? I'm here to do my job" She responded. But it was mean. Maybe she was but, after all that happened in the palace, I couldn't help but think she wasn't safe here.

"I know what you are thinking Tyrion. I've been dancing in the palace since I was thirteen. It doesn't matter if we had a little misunderstanding, this palace is my second home. It's where I make money" She stated, before wiggling her wrist away from my hold. I could tell she was oblivious to how cruel people could be. I had overheard some women in the palace stating that they hoped she would be killed on the day she was blamed for bringing me to their land to kill them. There were a lot of people envying her. She wasn't safe in the palace.

"Isolde, please listen. Can you s...stop dancing? You can come with me. I don't think you are safe here" And again, I found myself following my heart, this time around my brain had probably ventured on a long journey of sleep. The tone of her chuckle played amidst us, and then she spoke. Her gaze locked on mine, freezing my heart from beating for anything else.

"Having to watch over me would be double load for you since you have Princess Matilda to watch over already. Oh, you should go back to her, you shouldn't keep a Princess waiting" Her tone was mild, but I could swear I saw something like anger flash through her eyes before she turned away to sit with some of the celebrants who I guess were her friends.

I hated the fact that I now bear a diverted attention. There was no point in deceiving myself, I was falling fast for an entertainer I knew so little about, or maybe the admiration was just too intense that I had mistaken it for love. If I had her safety to fear about then the lands were in trouble. I had to leave.

***

During the past three days, I had kept myself busy with engaging on walks with Princess Matilda and participating in sword fights in the palace with the warriors, but of course only to lose to them. They had laughed and adviced that I should train more.
Today was another day with the princess. We were strolling through the palace's beautiful garden, discussing and laughing. I had walked past her before I realized she had stopped way behind me.

"Hope nothing is the problem Princess?" I inquired. A calm expression suddenly marred her face, which looked like she was contemplating on something.
"I feel happy for the first time in a long time" She said, surprising me with what she said, my face fought through some confused expressions before I finally decided to smile while I awaited where her speech was leading to.

"My father would say, Matilda, when I choose a man for you, it won't be because of wealth or status, but it would be judged by how safe and happy he can make you feel. He said the man would be bold, honest, and daring. And he told me he saw that in you the first time he had set his eyes on you" She paused and continued.

"I had never supported his idea because I wanted to be betrothed to a prince of my standard. It used to sadden me, knowing that my father would betroth me to a common man one day, under the mask of a daring personality, but on getting to know you Tyrion, for the first time in my life, I could draw meaning from what my father wants for me"

"What are you saying Princess?" I intruded her talks with a smile still on my face, but discomfort was already setting in. "You are a bold, caring, humorous and handsome man Tyrion. No woman would have wanted more"

"I've smiled in the past three days than I've smiled in three years. I want to save you from the stress of proposing to me. I will marry you Tyrion" Princess Matilda with a wide grin plastered on her face jutted out, startling me from the unexpected revelation of her intent.