Chapter 2

Chapter two: A new land

Town: Mistwood

"Awaken, you sluggard!" Sir Luke's voice reverberated through the chamber. The sensation of frigid water splashing onto his drowsy face jolted him fully awake, causing him to spring from his half-slumber.

"Come on man, you don't have to do this" Tyrion grumbled, his voice was a mixture of sleepiness and mild annoyance.

"You have a long journey that lies ahead of you, you are not supposed to sleep for long" Sir Luke replied, his tone tinged with a hint of paternal concern.

"Yesterday's rigorous training is not an excuse, the road ahead demands that you get ready early" He added

Tyrion, now on his feet, stretched his weary limbs and managed a crooked smile.
"I suppose I did push myself a bit too hard. A good night rest was much needed."

He ambled over to Sir Luke, placing his left hand on the old man's sturdy shoulder in a friendship's gesture.
"Your guidance has been invaluable, old friend. You've been more than a mentor. You are a true fatherly figure." Sir Luke gave out a small smile that almost spreaded to his face.

"You've been amazing as well son. A true warrior and one of its kind. I am proud of you, any woman that wins you over has indeed won a life time treasure"

Tyrion's thoughts turned to the adventure awaiting him beyond the familiar confines of his quarters. With a determined glint in his eye, he addressed Sir Luke once more.

"Sir Luke" Tyrion called out, picking Sir Luke attention.

"What lies ahead is a mystery to me. But with your guidance and wisdom that you've equipped me with, I'm certain I'll stride forward with purpose."

Sir Luke's gaze softened, his pride in Tyrion evident. "You possess the qualities that will serve you well on this journey. The path may be challenging, but your spirit is unyielding."

Tyrion nodded, the older man's words echoing in his ears. Now, he felt ready more than ever.
_______

Hours Later. Town: Emberfall

The sun has dipped low, reigning intricate shadows across the long road that led to the bustle town of emberfall. As the day's light worn out, Tyrion frame emerged from distance, Clad in darkened leather armor, the sword strapped to his back, glinting
in the fading light.

As he drew closer to the town's entrance, a rustle of leaves caught his attention. Reacting instinctively, he spun around, his hand reaching for the edge of his sword. In one swift movement, he disarmed his would-
be attacker, pinning him to the ground in agile fluidity

A hearty chuckle broke the tension, and the two friends locked eyes. Recognition sparked in Tyrion's gaze as he realized who was trapped beneath him. Alaric; His old friend that had invited him over. Alaric's grin widened into a mischievous smile.

"Got you good, didn't I?" He teased, his voice filled with amusement.Tyrion released him, a smile tugging at his lips' corners.

"Alaric, you haven't lost your knack for surprises i see" Tyrion remarked, extending a hand to help him up. With a hearty laugh, Alaric accepted the gesture. Pulling himself to his feet before they engaged in a bear deep hug that expressed how much they've missed one another through the years.

"You still never miss your target, but you've even sharpened your reflexes man" Alaric remarked, a twinkle of admiration in his blue eyes.

"It's good to see you too, no doubts you've grown" Tyrion said, his gaze taking in Alaric's features with a hint of nostalgia.

"Grown some beards too" Alaric added eagerly, demonstrating by tugging his beards down in a comical manner that prompted a soft chuckle from Tyrion.

"It's really good to see you again my man. There is lot for us to catch up on but firstly, we should catch on with emberfall's festival. We don't want to miss the interesting parts"

Alaric led the way as Tyrion narrated about his journey. He could figure they were close to the festival as the celebration sound closed in. They finally walked into the Emberfall's festival known as 'The  Emberfire festival'

"We are here" Alaric notified with a wide grin that reflects his excitement. Tyrion's eyes took in the new environment, the air was filled with mixture of different scents and celebration cheers from numerous of crowds. The atmosphere was intoxicating with blend of delicious foods, music and laughters. Their men and women were clad in cultural clothes and attractive beads accessories.

"These ladies got their eyes on you" Alaric shared his observation with a distracted Tyrion. Even though he heard Alaric, he couldn't care less, he had a mission in mind that had all his attention.

"I mean, who wouldn't, it's Tyrion" Alaric added with flattery, intending to get his attention to his rants.

After series of acrobatic performances, a group of Female dancers set in. Their dynamic flashy costumes and movements captivating Tyrion, but amongst them was a young woman whose striking appearance captured his attention the most. Her steps, even though seductive, gave out an elegance impression. He unconsciously pushed his head forward in total concentration, but this action didn't go unnoticed by Alaric who had been watching him intently since the dancers made their entrance.

"Haha, I see you've found something that pique your interest" Tyrion tore his gaze away, a sheepish smile playing on his lips.

"They're quite skilled," he admitted, his tone depicting admiration.

"That's Isolde. No doubts she's a pretty one that gets men swooning at her feet each time she performs, beside her is her sister, Selena. I can see your eyes are on her" Alaric clarified.

Tyrion had felt an undeniably pull towards her and would rather act on it, maybe it would leave his mind afterwards. He thought. As the event concluded, Tyrion made his way through the crowd to the alluring dancer who had him captivated all night.

"Greetings to you, beautiful one. Your performance was indeed an excel" He began, a warm smile on his perfect pinkish lips as he took in her features, instilling her looks in his memory. Sadly, the response that followed wasn't expected.

"I have little interest in idle chatter" she dissed. Her tone blunt and unfiltered.Tyrion was taken aback but wasn't discouraged. If anything, he was now more eager than ever to get close.

"Forgive me my lady, Your performance was just so excellent that a traveler couldn't help but be drawn to your charm. It's outstanding if I must say" her eyes narrowed at him almost in annoyance.

"Flattery will get you nowhere traveler. I don't want to talk" she insisted as she made a move to walk past him but he held her back tenderly

"Very well. I believe I will see you around, we can talk better then" Isolde yanked off his hand in annoyance before storming off without sparing him another glance.

Tyrion's eyes were still traced after her in his standing state when a voice interrupted his ogling session.

"Tyrion, the son of Xander" the magical familiar voice called out leaving him wide-eyed.