chapter 30: caught red handed

Start from the beginning

"Harper is Nico!" Xander frustratingly yells. He turns around to rub his hands over his face. My face pales in realisation. Harper is Nico? That's why it makes sense when they were mad at me. Xander's acting as if I knew that Harper's first name was Nico. The whole school calls him Harper, if he really didn't want me to talk to him, he should've just said his name was Harper.

I glue my vision towards my fingers trying to not let any tears let loose at Xander's harsh tone. "I didn't know that." I admit defeat.  "I didn't know that." I repeat again, mainly to myself than anyone else. I defend Nico "He's not even as bad as you all make him out to be."

"Oh sweety, he's a monster." Vincent clarifies.

"He's nothing but trouble." Adrien adds.

"It's for your own good to not go near him." Leo mentioned

"He's a dangerous boy, irmã bonita." Chase brings up.

"He's a fucking asshole." Xavier finalises. "Don't make contact with him again." He orders as he storms off with annoyance.

Why was he so mad? What could Nico have done to upset my biological brothers this much? Whatever he did, it must've been bad.

Vincent looks at his wrist and announces "Oh look, it's dinner time." Vincent, Adrien and Xander are the first to leave whilst Chase and Leo wait for me to join them.

"Aren't you coming for dinner Nat?" Chase asks me whilst standing up with Leo.

"I'm not hungry." I establish. After an argument I'm usually not that tempted to eat. I work better on an empty stomach.

"Irmã bonita please join us for this meal. It's the last one of the day." Leo reasons with me. With one last persuasion I hesitantly get up and we make our way towards the dining room. By the time we get there the food is already laid out. Sushi. I love sushi but unfortunately I just don't have the appetite to eat right now.

Everyone digs into their share whilst I just stare at my empty plate, contemplating what just happened.

Xavier who is sitting beside me, notices this and takes a Makizushi AKA rolled up sushi from the platter and places it on my plate. "Eat." He demands in a soft but urging tone. I pick up my chopsticks and use it to eat the sushi roll. I was still a shaken mess from earlier but atleast Xavier is making me eat.

He has good intentions.

"I'm full." I mention to Xavier before discussing the elephant in the room. I begin to leave but Vincent stops me "Where are you going?" Vincent asks me. "Somewhere where you're not." I mock whilst trying to leave the room. He begins "Princess-."

"I know your the Don of the Brazilian mafia." I admit out loud. The information was eating me alive, I just couldn't hold on to it anymore. I know deep down that it would've been better if I had kept the information to myself and my mafia but I did what felt right.

I let my emotions out.

Everyone stops what they're doing and freezes as if they can't believe their eyes. Their eyes flick between Vincent and I. Vincent's usually tan complexion has turned into a pale peach. "I'm not." He lies me. My blood has officially reached the boiling point."I literally just gave you a chance to tell the truth and you didn't. Do you think I'm stupid or something?" I ask in disbelief.