30. We Will Never Lose

Haeun POV

"Can we talk for a minute?" She asks and I stutter.

"Me? W-who are you...?"

The woman then looks down, whispering. "I have something to tell you."

Who is this person? Why me?

"Oh... sorry. My friends are in the middle of the game." I respond.

"Please meet me at the exit after the first half. It's very important, so please come." She mumbles.

"Uh, what is it-!" I stop as she turns away from me, walking away.

"E-excuse me!" I wave my hand but she keep walking away until she disappears from my sight.

What does she want to tell me?

*****

Author POV

Elvesburgh 9 : 9 Greenwich

In one swift motion, Jeonghan catches the ball and scores a goal. The referee blow the whistle again, this time a bit longer than before indicating the first half has over.

Elvesburgh 10 : 9 Greenwich

"Great job, Jeonghan!" Chan says.

Seungkwan grunts, "Ugh!"

"Is the first half over?" Seokmin asks.

"10 to 9. We barely kept up and can't get ahead. Two more quarters to go. We have to keep scoring to win." Soonyoung thoughts, biting his lips.

Haeun whispers to herself, "The first half is over. She asked me to meet her at the exit. What is it about? Should I go? But I don't even know who she is."

Suddenly, her thoughts got disturb as Jihoon calls for her from the field, below her.

"Haeun!"

Haeun turns towards him, humming. "Hm?"

Jihoon puts up a wide smile towards her. "Did you see me score earlier?"

"Hey, Jihoon! Yes, I did. You did great." Haeun smiles.

"I know, right? I agree." Jihoon smiles proudly.

Suddenly, Mingyu grumbles to make sure Jihoon hears him. "You scored one goal."

"Huh?" Jihoon turns to him, raising his eyebrow.

"I scored two but didn't brag because everyone knows I did." Mingyu continues.

And just like that, WW3 brokes out at the field.

"Yo! Just brag if you want to!" Jihoon yells.

"But I don't! I don't care about such things!" Mingyu shouts back and Haeun chuckles at their behaviour.

"Hey, Haeun!" Chan waves at her.

"Hi, Chan."

"Haeun. Our fan section is over there. Feel free to cheer from there." He says and Haeun chuckles awkwardly.

"Oh, well-! I, uh-!" Haeun stutters, not knowing what to say.

"Haeun!" Soonyoung suddenly calls her and she looks up to him.

"Hey, Soonyoung. What are you doing here?" She asks.

Sooyoung turns a bit serious while looking at him with a stern gaze, "We lost the first half but we will win the game... for you. So root for me."

Jihoon who are fighting with Mingyu earlier stops. He laughs like a maniac and teases Soonyoung.

"Nonsense! Why would an Elvesburgh student root for Greenwich?!"

Soonyoung crosses his arms on his chest, closing his eyes. "Whatever."

Soonyoung then softens his gaze towards Haeun, "Our fans sit over there. You can sit over there."

"Hey!" Jihoon looks at him in disbelief.

Haeun is clueless, not knowing what to do. She just keep chuckling to herself as a voice comes from her left side.

"Are you enjoying the game?"

"Huh?" Haeun turns and gasps loudly as she see Joshua leans so close to her, his chin nearly touches her shoulder.

"J-joshua! T-the game isn't over yet. Are you allowed to be here?" Haeun asks in worried.

He smiles softly towards me, "Yeah, I should go back to the field though. I had something to tell you."

"Huh? What is it?" Haeun asks and Joshua leans closer to her ear.

"Why don't we talk over here?" Joshua grabs my arm and we run a bit far from the others.

"I wanted to ask... if you can root for my team." He whispers.

Haeun scoffs in disbelief, "What? D-did you come over to tell me that?"

"Oh, time's up. I should get going. See you!" Joshua waves towards Haeun, jumping over the bleachers.

"B-but Joshua!" Haeun tries to speak but Joshua already in the middle of the field, wearing his safety helmet.

"Oh, I didn't get to talk to that woman. What should I do? Is she still waiting? She said it was important. Should I go now?" Haeun talks to herself, hesitating but suddenly, the referee blow the whistle again and she again is preoccupied on the game.

Hansol manages to get the ball, throwing it to Joshua.

"Joshua! Take this!"

Joshua manages to catch the ball but Soonyoung tackles him down, stealing the ball as he runs. Joshua quickly stands up, chasing after Soonyoung.

This time, Joshua tackles him down. Soonyoung grits his teeth in anticipation.

"Argh!" Soonyoung grunts, tightening his grip on the ball as he throws it towards the goal.

And, it works. He manages to tie their score again.

"Nice!" Soonyoung smiles.

Elvesburgh 10 : 10 Greenwich

"Way to go, Soonyoung!" Seungcheol smiles.

Meanwhile, Haeun get disturbs by the woman again. She bites his lips in worried.

"What should I do? Is she still... waiting for me?"