24. Sharing Secrets

Haeun POV

"Thank you so much, all of you. I've always been hiding my abilities. So I was really happy and grateful when you guys accepted me for who I am. This time... can you give me a chance to do the same for you?"

It was silence for a few second before Chan breaks it.

"Of course! That'd be our pleasure! Let"# be even closer friends."

*****

We're back at our school again. After the incident, we're become even closer than before. It is one hot day where the boys is practicing for their nightball competition like always.

"Hey!! I'm right here!!!"

"Over to you, Hansol!"

Hansol dashes forwards, leaping on the field as he brings the ball to the goalpost. He threw the ball, scoring a goal. The boys cheer and they sit down at the side of the field after a long practice.

"Whew. Let's take a break."

Jihoon notices me walking towards them, smiling. "Huh? Haeun!"

"Hi!" I smile.

He jumps in excitement as he walks towards me, "Aww, are you here to root for me?"

I chuckle awkwardly, "Yeah, I came to watch you all practice. The nightball gamea are just around the corner. How's practice going?"

Wonwoo appears beside me, adjusting his glasses as he looks at me. "Don't sweat it, Eun-ah. We'll win again, like we always did. And I'll dedicate our victory to you."

His sparkle eyes makes me stutter but smile nonetheless, "Oh... S-sure!"

"Thanks for coming to support us." I heard a voice behind me and I turn around, revealing Shua.

"Shua." I smile.

"I'll do my best for you." He said, giggling.

My cheeks flushes, feeling hot. "What?! O-okay... I hope you win."

He smiles as he looks down shyly, "I'll try."

"Hey." A voice belongs to Mingyu snap at me but it sounds gentle than before.

"Stop coming over here or you'll get hurt." He continues, glaring at me.

"Mingyu." I smirk. "You worried about me, aren't you?"

"What?!" He looks at me in disbelief. "N-not at all. It's just that when you're here... you get in our way and distract us--"

I chuckle, "Do I distract you?"

"That's not what I mean!" He bursts and I laugh.

"Mingyu. Can you meet me after practice? I have something to tell you." I said.

"Huh...?" He looks at me, confused.

*****

"Hey. What is it that you wanted to say to me?" He asks as soon as he stands in front of me, sweating from the practice.

"You could've changed first. I didn't mean to rush you."

He starts to get annoyed, gritting his teeth. "J-just get to the point!"

"I want to thank you and apologize. To you in particular. That's what I wanted to talk about."

And that makes him froze, looking at me with a curious expression on his face.

"I heard you had kept it a secret, even from the other guys. That you can turn into a werewolf. But because of me that night--"

He cuts my words, "I only transformed because he was being so annoying! It had nothing to do with you!"

"That doesn't change the fact that you saved me. Besides, I was the reason Junho showed up in the first place."

He looks at me, "What's with that dude? Why was he trying to take you?"

"I don't know either. Junho was my only childhood friend. I don't get why he has changed so much or why he tried to take me away. I'm scared that he might show up again... yet sad at the same time that I've become afraid of him. He was my best friend after all." I look down, my tone is low as I bit my lips.

"Are you sure he's actually that friend of yours? Maybe they just look alike." He asks.

I shook my head slightly, "He knew about a secret we shared as kids that I've never told anyone else about."

"Are you absolutely sure?" He holds my shoulder.

"Well, I've told Shua... but other than him no--"

"Wait." I click as something's starts to make sense now.

"The dream!" I said with a low voice.

I got a flashback on the day when I dream about meeting Junho at the beach.

"Junho...! It's me, Haeun! Do you remember me...? We used to be best friends! We played togther every single day! You told me you trusted me. You even... told me to bite your neck!"

He smiles as he looks at me, "Yeah... Of course I remember you."

I look at Mingyu with a pure shock expression, "I've shared it with Junho in a dream."

"In a dream? You told him about the secret?" He asks.

I nod, "Yeah. I have these vivid dreams sometimes. They're so realistic that I even remember the touch and smell."

Mingyu look down, scoffs as he mutters in deep voice. "Are you sure... it was a dream?"

"Really? Everyone says that you've bounced around different cities. You don't come out during the day... walk around alone at night."

My eyes widen. No... it can't be. This is a lie! It's a lie! No, it's not true.

"...walk around alone at night..."