6. The Wolves Who Jumped Over the Fence

"Is this the school where those vampires are?"

Haeun POV

"Wow!"

"The room got cleaned up in the blink of an eye with their help!" I speak in awe as I see the beautiful and neat view of my room.

Then, something caught my attention. It's the several trash bags that I forgot to take it out.

"Oh, we forgot to take those out. I should go throw them away."

I take those bags as I set my steps to go to the outside of the academy. I trugde along the pavement as my steps in the only thing visible in my ear. The surroundings feels so cold and creepy that I will pee on my pants anytime now.

"The way to the dump is a lot darker than I thought. It's far, too. Since classes start at 9 PM and end around 2 AM, it gets pretty late whenever I try to get some things done." I thought to myself as I keep walking, my left hands slightly rubbing my left arm.

Then, something went into my mind. The lady's words.

"There was a murder nearby recently. Rumors say it was the work of a vampire."

Ugh, why did that come to my mind now of all times...?

"I wanna tell people who think I'm a vampire that I'm scared of vampires too." I mumble to myself.

I toss the bag into the dump as I feel someone was standing behind me.

"Excuse me..." A cold tone say as a hand try to touch my left shoulder.

I caught off guard as I grab the hand and throw the person to the front before slamming his back on floor.

"Oof." The person said.

"Ahhh!!! Wh-who are you?! A-are you... a v-vampire?!"

"Argh... My back..." He grunts as I see a guy, wearing a uniform?

Soonyoung!!! Hey, are you okay?!" A loud voice and a heavy steps come towards me. I turn as my head as I see two figure running towards my direction.

"How dare you attack him!" One of the guy say as he was ready to attack me.

REFLECTLY, I punch his stomach making a loud whack sound. I didn't mean to, honestly.

"Ack...!" He groans as he kneel to the floor, in pain.

"Seungcheol!" The guy with a blue hair shouts.

"Whoa! You even took Seungcheol down? What are you?" The guy said but with amazement on his tone?

"I-I should be the one asking that! What are you, vampires?!" I shout to them.

"What?! Vampires?! Take that back, right now!" The guy seems taken aback by my words.

"We're not vampires. Please don't mistake us for them." Another guy come towards us. He has a green hair while a pair of glasses resting on his nose bridge.

"Seokmin!"

"That's basically the worst thing you can say to insult us." He adds.

"Yeah! I can't take anyone mistaking us for vampires!" Seungcheol shouts to me as he is still caressing his stomach.

"Ugh... That gives me the goosebumps." The guy with the blue hair shivers.

"We hate vampires--" Seokmin says.

"More than anyone in this world." The guy who I assume is Soonyoung says. Oh right, I forgot about him.

"Really? S-same here. I-I'm Haeun. Sorry about earlier." I said, looking down as I apologise to them.

"I was just so surprised..."

"No worries. I'm sorry for startling you." He smiles towards me.

"Haeun, right? I'm Seungcheol. Sorry for jumping at you."

"I'm the youngest, Seungkwan." The blue-haired guy said. So the sassy guy is Seungkwan huh?

"Soonyoung and Seungcheol are strong, so don't worry!" His smiles kinda fades my guilt away.

"I'm Seokmin. We scared you, didn't we? I'm sorry." He says and they let out a soft laugh.

Weird. I was always mistaken for a vampire whenever things like this happened, but they're all acting like it's no big deal.

"You were Soonyoung, right? You're not wearing our school uniform. What are you guys doing here?" I ask.

"Oh, we're from Greenwich Academy." Seungcheol interferes.

Seungkwan nods, "We're here to find some punks--"

"I thought I smelled something disgusting." Someone said from behind me.

I turn my head, revealing Hansol and Jeonghan.

"What are you all doing, gathered around a girl at this hour?" Hansol said with a stern look.

"Huh?!"

"What do you want from one of our students?!" He raises his tone while Jeonghan extend his arms in front of me, as if they are protecting me from them.

Seungkwan is furious and grits his teeth, "These punks! You're one to talk!"

"Seungkwan." Seokmin look at him.

Soonyoung steps forward, his aura is cold and there's no expression on his face.

"The murder that took place a few days ago. You know about it, right?"

He stops for a moment, "The victim was a student from our academy."

WHAT?!

"So what? What's that got to do with us?" Hansol response.

"Don't play dumb with us!!" Seungkwan shouts.

"It rather seems like it has something to do with you guys." Hansol smiles.

They stops and their gaze changes from cold to anger.

"Are you sure you won't regret saying that?" Soonyoung asks.

"You came here when the moon's bright. Isn't that because you know you don't normally have a chance against us?" Hansol says as a blue aura starts to form near Jeonghan and him.

"YOU PUNK!" Seungcheol says and jumps towards them, same goes to Hansol.

"STOP!!!" I run between them and hold them using my hands.

"STOP IT, ALL OF YOU!!! DON'T FIGHT!!!"

Seungcheol was burning is anger while Hansol is looking kinda surprised that I can stop him.

"We just thought they were messing with you..." Jeonghan replies.

"No, they weren't. There was only a small misunderstanding! So both of you, stop fighting!"

Then,

"What are you all doing here at this hour?" A voice rings through our ear and I turn my head.

Joshua... He was walking towards us without his smile like always but a cold look and a clench fist.

"S-shua..." I stutter.

"All of you..." He grits his teeth. "Step away from Haeun, right now."