23. Again, Just a Little Bit More

Haeun POV

He huffs as he release the bite, looking at me. He asks in worried tone, "Haeun, are you all right?"

I smile while nodding, "Yeah. You barely bit into my skin. How about you, Josh? You don't look well. Did you want to drink my blood?"

His gaze soften as he looks down. "I'd be lying if I said I had no urge at all. But... I'd hate to lose your trust more than anything. I don't want to let you down. After all, you've trusted me... even though you know I was a vampire. I never want to let you down."

I smile, "You didn't. Shua. You never have. As you already know I hated vampires more than anything and assumed that all vampires are dangerous creatures."

I look down as I sigh, "But whenever I was in danger... Joshua, you came to save me. That really made me happy. It doesn't matter if you're a vampire. I still don't hate you. To be exact, I don't hate any of you. Sorry for being so mean to you earlier. It was a careless mistake."

"You've always been the same all this time. Now that we got to know each other better than we did before... I hope we become even closer friends." I extend my hand, offering a handshake.

He looks at me, a smile forming on his face. A smile that I haven't seen before. It's sweet.

Author POV

"Joshua!!"

"Hansol..." Joshua mumbles as he hears his voice on his head.

"Is that you?"

"Josh, he disappeared! Are you with Haeun right now? Is she okay?" Hansol asks in worried tone.

Joshua smiles before answering him, "Yes, fortunately. What about you guys?"

"Slightly injured but we're also fine. Should we head over there?" Hansol suggests.

"Huh? You want to join us?"

"Ah, right..." Hansol sighs, his voice fading. "Haeun wouldn't like it if we show up."

Joshua smiles as he looks at Haeun.

"Shua. Tell them we'll head over." She said with anticipation and Joshua nods before they rush towards the others.

*****

Haeun POV

"Haeun! Are you okay?" Soonyoung, Seungcheol, Seokmin and Seungkwan shout in unison as they saw me smiling while looking at them.

"Yup, thanks to all of you who came to save me, I'm all right. What about you guys?" I ask.

Soonyoung looks at me with his twinkling eyes, "Perfectly fine! Don't worry about us. We're pretty strong, you know!"

Then, he stops for a moment. His face drops as he stutters.

"And, uh... Haeun. You've probably noticed, but we're..."

I stop him, "Are you really a werewolf? All of you?"

"Yes. It may be hard to believe, but it's true." He looks down.

Soonyoung's... actually a werewolf?

"Sorry we scared you. We've been hiding our identities from other people but we especially wanted to keep them from you."

"It was especially hard to bring ourselves to be honest with you." - Joshua

Soonyoung continues again, "Because... we were afraid that you might see us as different creatures and fear us. At the same time, we've always been afraid that you'll be disappointed once you found out that we kept secrets from you."

"We were more afraid of letting you down." - Joshua

Soonyoung tooks a deep breath before continue his words, "But earlier... we had no other choice. I didn't mind being hated for the rest of my life..."

"As long as I could keep you safe."

"But for now, will you run away with me?" - Joshua

And that makes me realise. I've done a big mistakes. They just want to protect me... I got the wrong idea and it makes a huge misunderstanding.

"I don't hate you guys." I said and their eyes widen, looking at me.

"No matter what you are... whether that be werewolves or vampires. Hansol. Wonwoo. Jihoon. Jeonghan. Chan. And Mingyu."

I glance at them, a big smile plastered on my face.

"Thank you so much, all of you."