1. The First Encounter

Haeun POV

"We haven't had a new student in a while. Your name?"

The lady asks me as we are walking through the hallway of this big academy. I am a transfer student here. It's late in the night so the hallway is fills with silence and only our steps can be heard.

"It's Haeun." I respond to her.

"Right, Haeun. Welcome to Elvesburgh Academy." She welcomes me with a small smile plastered on her face.

"In deference to our founder's spirit as you can see, our academy operates as a night school. Classes start at 9 PM. It might be confusing at first, but you'll get used to soon." She explains.

"Okay." I nod in response.

"They weren't any rooms available in the new dormitory so you've been assigned to a room in the old one. It might be a bit messy since no one was using it." She sighs.

I look down, "That's fine."

"The school rules say, you cannot exit the campus after the sunset. However, you should stay inside for your own safety regardless of the rules." The atmosphere starts to change from silence to serious.

"There was a murder nearby recently. Rumors say it was done by a vampire. Since our school is well-known for its strict entrance system, I'm sure you won't run into any vampires within the school grounds. But still, it may be dangerous outside of school."

I just keep hearing the lady's words until a guy was in front of me. He's a tall guy with black hair, a cross earring on his right ears. He stops in front of me and stare me into my eyes.

"Oh... Sorry." He mumbles and walks away from me. I turn my head towards him before follows the lady again.

*****

"This will be your room, Haeun. It's in the far corner, away from the other rooms. Sorry about that. We'll get you a new room as soon as there's a vacancy."

"No, it's fine. I like it here. Thank you." I mutter as I was welcomed by the wooden door.

"All right, then. Settle in, and get some rest." She smiles and excuses herself.

"Yes ma'am." I said as I walk towards my room and open the door, making a not-so-loud creak sound.

When I went inside, the room was like in an apocalypse. Many things were on the floor. They seems like they just got hit by a blizzard. A nightball, black and white striped jersey, ancient books and 100kg dumbbell were on the floor and it caught my attention.

This is my room? I can't believe it.

"THIS IS GREAT! WOOHOO!" I jump in excitement.

I'm finally in my room! Phew, I hope she didn't notice how excited I was! I'm so so happy! This is the best school in Elderville and it's known for its strict policy against vampires so.... I'll never be mistaken for one! People always thought I was a vampire because of my strange ability. Thanks to that, I had to move over and over again. A dirty room in a corner is no big deal!

"Seriously, this stupid ability has done me no good--" I whisper.

"Someone with such a kind heart as you can't be a vampire."

"Well... it did one good thing, I guess. But now, I'll never, ever be able to see such trust in anyone's eyes again." I said as I carry my bed in frustration.

But it seems like the God really hates me. The door creaks as a guy suddenly went in. It's the same guy that I bump into earlier.

"Shit." I curse under my breath.

"Oh... Uhm... I left my book here." He stutters.

"W-Wait, hold on! It's not what you think!" I throw my bed behind and rush towards him.

"I know you might not believe me after seeing that! But, I... I really am not a vampire!" I swear I could start crying at this point.

He seems taken aback, "I know. You're not a vampire. I trust you."

"Huh?" I look at him, slightly sniffles because of the tears.

"Vampires can't enter this school. Our academy is really strict about verifying that. Plus, I can tell just by how upset you look right now." He let out a small smile towards me.

With that, my face lits up and my eyes sparkles towards him. "Thank you for believing me."

"I'm sure everyone feels the same... but I really, really, really... don't wanna be mistaken for a vampire." I look down.

"And... there isn't anyone else in this world... who hates them more than I do." I look up, my gaze change and my face turns to a cold look.