17. Was That Why?

Haeun POV

They... are drinking a snake's blood in there, having a freaking feast.

"Oh..." Mingyu huffs.

Joshua mumbles, "Haeun..."

"U-uh..." I falter and step back, still shock by the view in front of me.

"Haeun!" They all shout my name in unison.

"Wait, Haeun!" Joshua said in worried.

"N-no way...!"

"We'll explain everything--" He shouts but his sharp fangs visible to me.

I stop and I quickly go down the stairs, leaving the mansion in a flash.

"Haeun! Wait! Haeun!" Joshua's shout is audible behind me. But I didn't care. I keep running until;

"Haeun, please let me explain!" His voice rings in my head.

I snap, "Stop sending me telephatic messages! It creeps me out!"

With that, he freezes on the spot and so does the other boys.

I keep running away from the mansion and into the woods. I huff.

What... what was that?! What did I just see? Is Joshua really a vampire?! Jihoon, Wonwoo and Mingyu, too?! ALL OF THEM?!

Was that why... they had such abilites?

Was that why... "Why do you think we came here? You really thought we wouldn't have proof?"

Was that why... "Can you bite my neck?" "Huh? Oh... well..."

Was that why... you told me you trusted me?!

How could you?! For the first time after losing Junho, I thought I had made true friends who trusted me! I thought I had met people who shared secrets with me! I thought I was enjoying school for the first time ever!

You all lied to me instead!

I sob as my knees getting weak and I fall to the ground, weeping. Suddenly, I heard a rustling sound and I look at it, a silhouette is visible to my eyes.

"Wh-who's that? Is it Joshua?" I shout.

Did he come after me?

"S-stop following me! I hate vampires--"

The figure suddenly raises his head and indeed, it's the same vampire that I stumbled upon at the square before.

"MORE THAN ANYTHING!!" He cuts my word.

I freeze, don't know what to do. My eyes widen and I look at him in horror.

Joshua POV

"Ah... I-I should go talk to Haeun--"

"About what?" Mingyu cuts my words. "What are you going to tell her?! Do you seriously think she would buy any of your excuses?! AFTER SEEING ALL THIS?!"

Jihoon looks at me, "J-joshua... What should we do?"

"What do you mean, what should we do?! Everyone at school will find out about us now. We have no choice but to run away and wander like we always did." Mingyu snaps.

"Will Haeun really tell others?" Hansol frowns.

Mingyu grits his teeth, "She said she hates vampires more than anything in this world. Do you think such a person will just let us be? When we are classnates at the same school at that?"

"Still, we should at least talk to her." Wonwoo said.

Jeonghan nods, "He's right, Josh. Can you at least try talking to her through telepathy?"

I stop, "If I do that... I might scare her even more."

Chan suggests, "Hansol, try to find where she is!"

"Okay."

Hansol brushes his hair and rub his temple, "She has strong waves so--"

He stops, "Huh? Wh-what's going on...?! There are... scores of vampires around here!"

Haeun POV

I am scared, I was beseiged by them. Their growls and their appearances scares me to death.

"Ah... Uh..."

Joshua POV

"Wait for me, Haeun..." He whispers as he runs towards the woods, hoping it wasn't too late for him to save her.