(13) More than Just the Class Rep

Where the hell did she go?

Shiki: Yo Tamachin, have you seen the class rep?

Tamaki: Kasumin? I saw her in the cafeteria earlier.

Shiki: I see, Thanks!

Tamaki: Ah-! Wait Kabichi...!

___________________

She's not here either.

Vendor: Oh? You're the stranger who was with the Kunoichi lass yesterday.

Shiki: I...guess I am...Have you seen her around?

Vendor: I did. She was here earlier, bought every Strawberry Pan I had. I think she was headed for the courtyard.

Shiki: the courtyard huh...thanks.

I buy a Kare Pan.

_____________________

Kasumi: .....

Shiki: .....

Kasumi: *Sigh* .....I'm a Kunoichi you know. Stop sneaking around it's creepy.

Shiki: Y-Yo Class Rep, what are the odds!? You like peaceful places like these too?

Kasumi: Why yes I do, I'm sure you can agree that our classmates and teacher are beyond unique, so I come to this place to escape from all the chaos.

Shiki: O-ooooh~? Is that so?

I inch closer to her and quickly sit down.

Kasumi: ...Sorry about earlier, I didn't mean to cause a scene.

Shiki: ....

I scratch the back of my head.

Shiki: Did I do something to upset you?

Kasumi: No! Not at all!

Shiki: ....

Kasumi: .... Kabirin-Kun I've been thinking about what you called me.

Shiki: ...? What I called you? Huh?

Kasumi: An "Uptight bitch" was it?

Shiki: Ugh! That was a Joke! Please don't take it to heart! I'm sorry!

Kasumi: N-No it's fine. The way people treat me...I think you're correct to call me as such.

She bites her Strawberry Pan.

Kasumi: I don't...really have any friends in class. Part of it is probably because I'm a stickler for school rules, part of it I'm sure comes from people just fearing me in general.

Shiki: Fearing you?

...ah...to be fair when I first transferred here she did seem a bit scary.

Kasumi: That's why, when you started getting friendly with me It really made me happy.

Shiki: ....

Kasumi: I don't have any experience with "Friendship" so I don't really know how to act or how to properly convey how I really feel but...

Shiki: ...?

Kasumi turns to me.

Kasumi: I was really happy when you called me by my name instead of "Class Rep".

Shiki: o-oh? Honestly I thought you hated how close I got so I decided to back up a bit.

Kasumi: I suppose I made it seem that way. I apologize.

Shiki: ....

Kasumi: .....

I scratch my cheek.

Shiki: S-