The Day Ninjago Stood Still

Start from the beginning

“This is Y/n.”

My smile covered the shiver that passed through my bones.

She smiles moving forward to enclose me in a hug, “To think Lloyd would have such a beautiful girlfriend.”

The both of us jump in shock, “Not that's not-” Lloyd beat me to sentence, “we're friends.”

Oh- that's a bad sting.

“Yep. Built in best friends.” I grin, swinging my fist into his shoulder jokingly.

His face twitches a bit, frowning.

“Built in best friend?” She asks, glancing at her son.

I was thankful to be taken out of the center of the conversation, trying to calm my racing heart at the accusation.

“Yeah, she's been there since… well, I was a really annoying kid.”

“What do you mean? That was just two days ago.”

He glared down at me.

Ew! Why am I just now noticing that dastardly evil height difference he has on me.

“Is that a problem for you… shortstack?” He asks, setting his hand on my head, reassuringly.

My heart skipped a beat.

“Lloyd!” Kai calls. “Practice time.”

___

This version of practice feels like it's gonna be weirder, maybe because he's grown.

Or because he's blindfolded.

“Don't rely on your eyes. Use your ears.”

Dareth pops in from the beaded curtains, “Uh, guys, I'm teaching a class later, so I'd appreciate a clean dojo.”

The ninja ignore him and kept fighting, knocking Jay into his collection of fake trophies.

“Aah!”

“Ah! No, no, no! No, no, no! No! No, no, no.” He runs over and opens a window to prevent it from being broken by Jay, who was sent flying.

Lloyd uses his Fire powers and set a small patch of carpet on fire.

Okay that's kind of ho-cool.

“No, no, no, no!” Dareth puts it out and sighs in relief.

“Sorry about them.” I apologize, leaning against the wall. “I'll make sure they don't ruin anything in here”

Dareth chuckles, setting a hand against the wall, leaning towards me, “don't worry, I wouldn't want you getting hurt by that.”

Oh? What a gentleman.

A ‘twack’ tore away our conversation as Kai's sword wedged itself into the wall right between us.

The both of us paled at the razor sharp object.

“Lloyd!” I shout towards the still blindfolded ninja

“Sorry, my hand slipped.”

Liar.

A rumbling from the ground caused the brown ninja to tumble into my arms.

“What was that?” I ask pushing Dareth back.

The group stops their training moving to switch on the television as I made my way across the room to open the window back, letting Jay in.

“NGTV reporter Gayle Gossip on the scene of what appears to be an earthquake rocking the city of Ninjago. But it's an earthquake like no other, as scientists have yet to pinpoint the cause. And more frightening still, the aftershocks are getting stronger.”