I nodded, waving them off, “be safe guys.”

They took off.

Lloyd sighs, “Too old for comic books and too young to fight. When are they gonna make up their minds?”

Adults are always hypocrites when talking to children.

“Come on, pint size. Show me what you got.” Nya suggests, trying to change the conversation.

Lloyd yawns before walking away.

“awe pint size? That's a good one.” I whisper over to Nya, but the big eared kid glared back at me with irritation.

“I don't have big ears! You just talk loudly”

“Eh? Your about to have no mouth if you keep yappin’”

He sneered at me, “You're the one who can't stop thinking.”

“You-!”

___

A yawn left my mouth, two plates of breakfast sat in front of me.

Technically one was for Lloyd while the other was mine, but at the moment Mr. Lloyd was reading his comic book.

The ninja didn't come back last night, which worried me, keeping me awake. Also meaning I wasn't able to give him- Ugh nevermind.

“Oh, they should be back by now.” Nya was obviously also worried.

Wu stood by her side, “Oh, I fear something horrible has happened to them.” He turned to us.

I quickly snached his comic book away from him pretending to read it.

“Lloyd, Y/n.” Lloyd gasps, picking up his lesson book. “you're both in charge of the Bounty while Nya and I have a look around town.”

“Of course” I answer, looking at the still foreign letters.

“Y/n…” “sir?” “You can't read.”

I paused at his absolutely correct statement, “no I cannot.” I mutter looking the drawings, “But the pictures make it easier.”

He chuckles walking away.

With a sigh I returned Lloyd's book back to him, “thanks.”

“Uhuh… so what's going on here? I ask watching his eyes light up from my interest.

“Okay, so Fritz Donnegan and the Imperial Sludge–”

__

“You actually have to shoot them.” I mutter mashing buttons on my controller.

“That's what I'm doing.” He grumbles practically beating up his controller. “No I'm not.”

“Dude… you're assaulting that poor device.”

The phone rings, interrupting the game play.

Growing I ditched the controller picking up the phone to answer, “Destiny's Bounty, what can I do you for?”

“Y/n! It's jay.” He sounds… weird.

“Jay?”

Lloyd looked over to me confused, “Where are you? Why haven't you returned? Sensei's out looking for you.”  He mutters protecting my character from the enemies.

Jay groans, “Apparently, you need parental permission to take the bus and we can't seem to get out of the city!”

“Huh?”

“Oh, never mind, it's a bit complicated. Just meet us at Buddy's Pizza in ten minutes. And bring our weapons.”

“sure?”