𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 2

── ⋆⋅○⋅⋆ ──

in the morning, Teahyung woke up in an empty bed, he found that Jungkook was already gone for the day.

He reached out and touched the cold bedsheets, feeling a surge of nostalgia for when they were closely bound by

love.

When they used to hold each other close, snuggle and kiss each other's cheeks as the sun rose over the horizon and bathed them in a soft orange glow.
But Now, they felt like strangers!

With a soft gasp, he wrapped his arms around Jungkook's pillow and held on tight.

There were moments when he too wanted to pretend like nothing had happened, and that he didn't know anything about the infidelity.

Moments in which he wanted to forget, and just live in a state of blissful ignorance, bliss he couldn't hope to find again.

A sigh escaped from his mouth, but it sounded more like a sob.

Suddenly, he felt a surge of anger and frustration, and he violently threw Jungkook's pillow across the room.

It landed on the wooden floor with a soft, fluffy sound.

His breathing became ragged and fast, and his eyes grew moist, and he wiped at them harshly with the back of his hand.

He sat quietly, looking down at the empty space beside him.

It was as though the complications in their relationship were now becoming merely a formality - a perfunctory act that they had been through before time and time again over the past 10 years.

He wondered if he could endure it yet again.

Or perhaps, this time, he could put an end to it. But what could he do? He was tired of the endless fights where he never achieved the outcome he craved.

He had given up. He had failed. And as much as he hated it, he simply could not take it anymore.

He could have thrown a fit and demanded that Jungkook cut ties with the boy.

That would never work - there would always be someone else.

Or he could even break up with him - put an end to it all.

But that was out of the question~

Jungkook was everything to him and he couldn't bear the thought of losing him.

No matter what he thought, the answer was always the same:

he could only stay here - as a ghost, haunting a place that he never meant to be part of. He couldn't live here anymore.

But There was nowhere else that would welcome him. He knew that.

Yet sometimes he couldn't help but wonder if he deserved to be here, anyway.

It was a thought that kept popping up and popping back out of his head again and again.

Maybe he should just leave. Maybe he should just disappear and never come back.

Maybe he was wrong for letting himself fall so deeply in love with the young boy.

Maybe he should stop caring too much.

Perhaps, just for a moment, he shouldn't care anymore.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, hoping to erase those painful and confusing thoughts.

For some reason, however, they persisted.

It was no use. It was almost as though his mind was possessed by a demon, intent on tearing down every shred of happiness that he had.

As much as he tried desperately to fight against it, his brain wouldn't relent.

°°°

The moon light shone through the windows of the suite of rooms that Jungkook called home, casting a silvery light into the spacious room, giving the dark wood furniture a mysterious glow in the dimness.

The air inside the room was heavy and hot, suffocatingly humid and smoky.

The heavy smell of tobacco hung in the air, mingling with the scent of flowers.
At first glance it appeared deserted; yet, in fact, someone was moving quietly about.

Jungkook enveloped himself around Taehyung, however Taehyung found himself loathing the closeness.

He instinctively shrank away from the embrace, creating an awkward tension in the room.

To ease the tension, Jungkook cupped Taehyung's hand in his own and caressed the knuckle gently a few times.

"What's the matter love ? Are you feeling down?"

Jungkook asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

Taehyung inhaled deeply and shook his head.

"No, I've just been feeling exhausted lately."

Jungkook chuckled. "You spend all day locked up inside and don't even go for a walk. You're going to lose your mind just sitting inside all day."

Taehyung withdrew his hand and rolled over to face away from Jungkook.

"Yeah, I guess so "

Jungkook's hand slid down Taehyung's body, landing on his hip, caressing the soft fabric of his pajama pants.

Taehyung flinched as he spoke up, trying to distract himself from the heat that spread through his body from Jungkook's touch.

"It's getting quite late. You've been so busy with work lately... you should get some rest."

his voice was quiet and weak.

"Okay..." Jungkook replied with a blank expression, rolling off of the bed to pull his jeans and sweatshirt off.

Taehyung watched from the corner of his eye as Jungkook pulled up his pants and walked towards door calling someone 's name.

When he disappeared around the corner, Taehyung turned over in the bed to face the wall , he knew very well where was Jungkook going, but refused to question it .

He believe that maybe one day things would go back to normal between them, that their love and relationship would return to the way it was , Maybe that they might somehow get better.

just maybe...

── ⋆⋅○⋅⋆ ─