𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1

── ⋆⋅○⋅⋆ ──

The city was bustling with life, the streets filled with people going about their business, the sound of traffic and horns honking everywhere.

In the midst of all that commotion, Taehyung stood on his balcony, looking down at the city lights below.

The night air was cool against his skin, but not cold as it might be when spring is nearing its end.

He didn't care for winter much, but he enjoyed the way the city seemed to light up under the darkness of night.

There wasn't anything like it in Busan. The lights were different than what you see out there, more muted somehow. But they still lit up every street regardless.

he closed his eyes and let his mind far away. A cigarette glowed between his fingertips, the only light in the room. The sound of running water from the bathroom drifted softly through the night, the gentle sounds filling Taehyung's senses.

As he inhaled smoke, he relished in its sweet taste before exhaling slowly and letting it drift into the night again. It was a peaceful evening, nothing but calm and serenity around him as he smoked, enjoying the way the night air tasted on his lips.

and though his heart ached with a familiar pain, he did not move. He was caught, suspended in the void, free to imagine whatever he desired. Death had always been a seductive lure, a way to end his suffering, but he knew it was not the answer.

The cigarette burned to its end, a small point of light, and fell to the floor, scattering its fiery essence. He took a breath, closed his eyes again, and for a moment, he was free~

Free to do as he pleased, free to think as he wished, free to live as he felt he wanted...free to love whom he chose to love.

His chest grew tight with emotion, his heart thudding loudly within his ears, his breathing heavy.

He could feel tears welling in his eyes, his heart beating painfully inside his chest as he imagined a future without death hanging over his head.

No more pain, no more fear. Not the kind that plagued his thoughts now. Just...

just freedom.

He could have that forever. That was all he ever wanted...and even after everything he'd done, he hadn't been able to find peace and acceptance for himself.

With this thought, Taehyung opened his eyes again, his gaze wandering towards the balcony door, now standing wide open in anticipation.

It beckoned for him like an endless road ahead, inviting him to step outside and explore. And it would feel so, so nice to just step outside, walk over to the railing, grab onto it, jump off...

to never return. To finally escape his existence...to finally be free of the weight of guilt and sadness. To escape the sorrows and pains that had haunted him .

But the moment was short-lived. A voice, warm and familiar, spoke behind him.

"Taehyung, I've finished showering."