Plans

“Ok” I said to my friend Hannah “Oh come on, he's cute” she said as I laughed “hey” we turned to see Gabrielle walking towards us, “hey” me and Hannah said as she sat down. “So what's yall plan for the holidays?” Gabrielle asked “I'm going back home” I said they looked at me worried “do you really want to go back?” Hannah asked. I was about to answer but then we heard a scream and turned to see a crowd of people.

We got up and ran up to see what it was. We pushed past the crowd to see a woman lying on the ground. She was hit by a bus, we looked at the body shock, I pushed past everyone and threw up, everyone looked at me and Hannah and Gabrielle helped me up.

***Fast forward to the dorm room***

“I can't believe you threw up” Gabrielle jokes “me either” I said as I lay down on the bed “I'm going back cause, I want to see my mom” I said and get up to face them “that's understandable, but she watched you get rapped” Hannah said “and kick you out after” Gabrielle said worried for me.

“I'm fine, it's just for the holidays” I said and layed back down “yeah, but the trauma is there forever” Hannah said I layed there thinking about what she said “what if you guys come to my family cabin” Gabrielle suggested “where?” Hannah asked “umm in Western California” She said “I'm down” Hannah said then they looked at me, I got up and said “fine I'm down” then they started to cheer “ok” I said.

I woke and went into the kitchen and I over hear Hannah on the phone “I can't come this holiday” she said to the person over the phone “looked stop yelling” I heard her say after a while, I walked into the kitchen she looked at me “I have to go” and hung up the phone and place it on the counter. “Who's that?” I asked “umm, no one” she said then a tear fell from her eye “I'm fine” she said as she quickly wiped her face.

“Was it Nick?” I asked she looked up at me and started to cry, I quickly walked over to her and hugged her she sobbed into my shoulder, after a while she stopped and said “he said if I didn't come home, I can't see Isabella no more” she said as she cried “hey, he cant keep her away from you, call him and tell him to carry Isabella to you for the holidays then” I said then hugged her.

I walked into my room and locked the door leaving Hannah to talk to her ex boyfriend I sat down around my desk and open up my laptop, “f*ck” I said and closed the laptop. I wanted to look at the news to see what happened in my hometown but the internet wasn't working. 

****

“Get up” Gabrielle said as she shake me, “I'm up” I said as she shakes me i sighed and get up and went to the bathroom “so you guys need to pack her bags from today” i hear Gabrielle said I quickly get ready and met them in the TV room, “the you pack” Gabrielle asked “not yet” I said as I tried to put on my shoes. 

“Where are you going?” Hanna asked “I'm going to pick up something at the mail office and maybe get something to eat on my way there” I said and finally get my shoes on “Nick say he carry her today” Hannah said “great” I said and I smiled at her and she smiled back I grab my jacket and left the dorm room.

I got on the train and sat down next to a guy with his headphones on. I was looking around and across from me was a little girl, who smiled when I looked up at her. I smiled back and she waved. I waved back then her mom stopped her and gleaned at me. I just sighed and took out my phone and started to scroll through Instagram.

“Sorry” I guy said after he stepped on my toe “its fine” I said trying not to scream in pain I looked down at my foot “I'm really sorry ” he said and walked away and sat down beside the guy with the headphones on. I continued to scroll through Instagram. I saw a post on Hanna's page and giggled.

“What's so funny?” The guy said “it's just a post” I said to him “I'm Tim” he said “I'm Sam” I said he smiled and I couldn't help but giggled. The train stopped and I get up to get off when he said “umm, I work at the gym downtown” 
I turned and smiled at him and walked off the train. I ran up the stairs out of the train station.

I walked into the mail office “hi” I said as I walked up to the counter “hi, what can I help you with?” The lady asked “I'm here to pick up something” I said I started to look around “name?” She asked “Samuela” I said “here and excuse me” she said I signed the paper she gave me then she came and gave me a package “Thanks” I said and turned and walked out.

I walked out and looked across the street to see a cafe shop I walked up to the store and went inside, i sat down and someone came up to me “hello, what can I get for you?” The guy asked “can I get a donut and a coffee” I said “get that for” he said and walked off. 

**fast forward to the dorm room**

“I'm back” I said as I entered I closed the door and took off my jacket I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge “hey” Hannah said shocked to see me I realized she was in a guy t shirt “hey, what's wrong?” I asked “hey, Hanna where's the-” Nick stopped mid sentence when he saw me. I was about to say something but just looked at them in disgust, closed the fridge and walked past them.

I slammed the door shut. I was disappointed in Hannah, her ex boyfriend Nick used to beat her even when she was pregnant with Isabella. He manipulated her to do things, he cheats on her then puts the blame on her. I didn't leave the room for over an hour. I use that time to pack my bags for our trip the next day. 

When I left the room Nick was already
gone “where's your boyfriend?” I asked Hannah who was sitting around the tv “he's not, not my boyfriend” she said and walked past me into the kitchen I followed behind her and said angrily “Not your boyfriend, you just had sex with the dude” then Isabella came out behind me and said “mommy I'm hunger” Hannah quickly said “I'm coming, go sit in the couch” then Isabella ran to the TV room.

“At less he told the truth for once” I said and was walking off when “I still love him” Hannah said “love him, the guy literally only talk to you to yell at you” I turned and yelled “only come over to have sex, this is the first time he actually carry her, what? This is the first time you've seen her in how long? 2 years” she looked at me surprised by my outburst. I just walked off and locked myself in my room.