Vol.18 Ch.36: Lars vs. Jin

Start from the beginning

Is he betting on his leap for a bailout? Jin wondered. That's some confidence he's showing here. Let's crush it.

He extended into enemy territory along with his minions. However, to make things harder for the enemy, Jin maintained some distance between himself and his soldiers.

Since Eleven Sight used first-person mode, its field of view was narrower than the regular third-person view. So long as Gunz was focused on the minions, it was possible for Jin to slip into the guy's blind spot.

Admittedly, I've never been good at gauging the correct position for this. Jin thought. It's not like I can actually see his field of view, so there's a lot of guesswork here. I firmly believe that only machines can accurately visualize something like this.

Nonetheless, Jin gave it a shot. He was planning to trade his sledgehammer for a scourge soon enough anyway, so he might as well do it now with more purpose.

Somewhere here, I suppose? Jin stopped and waited for the enemy's next shot. The moment Gunz fired his next beam, Jin unleashed Scourge! WHISH! The bribed whip extended far, shooting straight at the unsuspecting prey!

Or, was that prey really unsuspecting?

Oh, here it comes! Lars grinned. I knew that dude wouldn't let me do my thing in peace. But, git jebaited, yo!

He activated Elven Leap, jumping high into the air while performing an elegant backflip! Or at least, that's what Elf would've done in the default costume. But, Lars's skin had cutting-edge technology! Instead of actually jumping, this sci-fi dude activated the jetpack on his back and took off toward the sky!

Of course, the actual animation speed remained the same as in the default skin, despite how different the actual motion looked. Instead of putting on an impressive display of gymnastics, the sci-fi dude just let the jetpack carry him across the sky in an arc.

Right before hitting the ground, dude turned around so he could properly land on his feet. Some people online complained that this animation was less satisfying than Elf's OG stunt, but Lars felt it matched the sci-fi theme to a T. Sci-fi dude be lazy and let the technology do the heavy lifting for him! An efficient dude, yo!

Thanks to the power of technology, Lars got out of the dangerous scene and created some distance between himself and the enemy. What's more, he successfully dodged an enemy attack with that leap, which triggered the skill's secondary effect.

Heck yeah, lessgo! Lars grinned. He received two buffs from this maneuver: one to his Movement Speed and one to his Attack Speed, which he planned to put to good use right away!

ZAP! He fired straight at the Orc as soon as he landed! Dude didn't see it coming at all!

"Wha-!?" Jin grimaced. I need to sidestep- It was too late. The laser beam pierced his torso before he could even respond.

This counterattack wasn't even on Jin's list as far as "possible scenarios" were concerned, therefore he failed to respond in a timely fashion. It was an error on his end

Just what is he thinking? Jin frowned. Instead of optimally jumping away toward his tower, he jumped diagonally to keep me within his attack range. And, he did all of that in the heat of the moment even though I was the one pressuring him.

All the effort Jin spent on carefully slithering toward Gunz was wasted. If anything, it only made him look bad. He had spent all that time approaching the enemy only to be outplayed in the blink of an eye.

"Jen-jang!" Jin cursed through gritted teeth. He couldn't contain himself on this one. This wasn't how any of this was supposed to go!

His purpose here was to crush Stratus' strongest and salvage the team's reputation, but instead, the enemy was clowning on him right now. This only tarnished the team's reputation further! And even worse, it made Jin look inadequate.

So, this is how you want to play it. Jin thought. Originally, I was considering letting the minions push on their own this time, but I see you're asking for some pain.

It's not like this single hit Jin received was particularly damaging, at least in terms of HP. However, it did damage something else for sure: his reputation. Jin clearly lost some points because of this exchange. It just made him look bad. Terribly bad.

Alright then, I'll go all in. That should put you in your place. Hellbent on getting revenge for this insult, Jin pressed onward without thinking twice. With an entire army on his side, he should have no trouble delivering hefty damage on the enemy tower.

However, there was one tiny element he failed to take into account amidst his rage. And, that very element sensed Jin's lapse and prepared to launch an attack...

-------------------------------------------------------------/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter!