Vol.16 Ch.21: The Brothers' Invade

"Here they come, Vince!"

"Indeed, our sworn enemies have arrived!"

Powerful foes emerged in front of Luke and Vincent, ready to do battle! They were among the most dangerous beings that the early-game had ever known. So dangerous, in fact, that Luke and Vincent had to join forces to take them down!

Of course, they were talking about the wraiths. After all, who else would be fighting them this early into the game? Only these mini-bosses were bold enough to confront players in the early-game.

"Let's clear 'em real quick." Luke unleashed Dark Blast without a moment's notice. The powerful attack single-handedly wiped out the smaller wraiths and left the wraith boss at death's door.

"Ezpz." Luke charged in to finish off the wraith gang leader.

"Wait for moi!" Vincent hurried after the rampaging beast. This turn of events was too fast for him to keep up with

The wraiths had barely spawned a moment ago, yet their camp was already utterly demolished. Truly, the overwhelming might of the Dark Knight knew no bounds. It was the most powerful being in the universe during the early game!

Everything developed so quickly that Vincent didn't even have time to properly get in position. Of course, he could spend his Shield Bash to close the gap faster, but there was no need to waste MP on such a trivial task.

Such unbelievable strength. Vincent narrated internally. It appears that my help is not even necessary! ... or, perhaps it is.

Despite how devastating the Dark Blast was, Dark Knight's basic attacks left much to be desired. They weren't particularly fast or strong, so Luke actually had to deliver a couple of hits in order to properly finish off the wraith boss.

So, in the meantime, Vincent also got within striking range of the big wraith.

"I shall leave the final strike to you," Vincent informed as he unleashed two hits on the dying wraith, then stepped back to let his partner deliver the killing blow.

"Danke!" Luke swung his black blade right through the semi-transparent phantom and vanquished the evil spirit. "Ez!"

With that, the wraith dispersed into thin air and dropped the blue mana buff.

"C'mon, take the buff and let's go do the wolves!" Luke turned away from the loot and headed toward the next destination.

"Right behind you." Vincent casually strolled toward the blue buff. The game plan for the foreseeable future was crystal clear, so he didn't have a single concern on his mind.

The opening of the game was a simple matter of collecting the blue buff from the wraiths and clearing the wolves, so there weren't going to be any surprises here. Or, so he thought.

ZOOM. An odd audio cue resounded. It was a sound effect that had no business playing here right now.

Blue light flashed in front of Vincent, quickly transforming into human form. It was the enemy Viking!

"N-Nani!?" Vincent jumped. Before he even had time to make sense of the unexplainable situation in front of him - the Viking charged at him!

Dios mio! W-Why is this-!? Vincent froze. B-Bash! I must bash this evil- agh!

It was too late. Vincent pressed the key for Shield Bash but his Knight didn't have enough time to wind it up. By the time he started raising his shield, he was already flung across the area.

S-So fast! Vincent exclaimed. What a beautifully executed Takedown! However, this does mean I'm in quite the trouble over here. Oh, and make it double...