Vol.16 Ch.30: Starving Dark Knight

"Live report from Top Lane!" Vincent called out. "The enemy did not target me at all this round. I suspect it means he is on his guard against an incoming gank. Chessmaster, what are your thoughts on this?"

"It sounds reasonable," Yuel said. "He strikes me as the type to go on the offensive at every opportunity that presents itself. So, if he's skipping, it means he's being cautious of something. But of course, there's also the possibility that he's saving up Rage for the next wave and plans to go on the offensive there."

"Or, he might be saving up Rage to defend himself better in the next round! The possibilities are endless!" Vincent exclaimed. "On that matter, it should be noted that he went for a half-charged Barbarian Slam this round, most likely to not expend his Rage too much."

"I see. Luke, are you listening?"

"Hm? Eh, yeah, sure. Something about the Berserker possibly maybe kinda expecting my gank, right?"

"Yes." Yuel nodded. "He might be saving up Rage to go Berserk once you show up."

"Awesome." Luke rolled his eyes. "Hey Vince, can't you, like, reduce his Rage somehow? Say, hit him a bunch of times to trigger his Berserk early?"

"That is a most interesting idea for sure," Vincent said. "Alas, I'm afraid it's beyond my humble capabilities. Getting anywhere near that barbarian alone is as good as signing a death contract."

"Dang, that sucks." Luke shook his head. "So, I take it that I hafta assume like it's guaranteed the guy will turn Berserk when I get there, right?"

"Yes, that sounds like a good mentality to have."

"Dang, dude really be conditioning us hard with that shit, huh."

Ganking an enraged Berserker was always a dangerous endeavor. If not executed carefully, the Berserker might easily turn the tables on the attacker. Especially, this bruh Challenger sounded like a dangerous fellow who would gladly do just that.

In the last two games, Challenger didn't stand out much because he was locked away in the Support role. But this time, dude had the freedom to hit people to his heart's content. And, he already bonked Vincent to death right at game start. That shit was spooky alright.

I dunno which one of the two came up with that gank idea, but it was hella aggressive. Luke thought. If it was Challenger's idea, then dude is one heck of a daredevil. There's no way I can just go to his lane and expect to smack him without a plan.

"There's also the possibility of a counter gank to keep in mind," Yuel warned. "I'd like to remind you that in this formation, their Top and Jungler frequently cooperate."

"Yeah, the 'Absolute Duo', right?" Luke remembered that much. Or, rather, he had no choice but to remember it, considering how many sermons Yuel gave everybody on the topic.

Over the past month, Luke and everybody had to sit through so many lectures and watch so many video compilations. At this point, the Leopards' players almost felt like some superstars from a TV show.

Among the many clips, the "Absolute Duo" definitely left an impression. They were the "exception to the rule", just like Luke's memeing was.

Winner and Challenger were part of the Leopards, yet they pushed offense at any opportunity they got. So basically, from within the constraints of a heavily defense-oriented team, that duo rebelled against the status quo and pursued their own playstyle! It was beautiful!

They're like the memers of the Leopards! Luke grinned. Heck yeah, gotta break all the conventions, man!

That duo was sure wild. They slaughtered so many scrubs in the replays. Their team ended up with like 30 kills every time thanks to those two alone.