Chester.

-----------------
[Author's note]

Like I mentioned, in the previous chapter, this will be a short one, for obvious reasons. It will welcome the main plot, so please hold faith - from now on, it's going to start getting heavier!

Love you all so much, drink plenty of water and enjoy xx

------------------

Chester's POV:

I watch her walk away, not letting her out of my sights until I can no longer see the company car in the distance. I had to keep an eye on this one. She was special - why? I didn't know, the boss said so, and I am not one to question him.

I turn to walk back into the building, and just as I do, a very familiar tone rings out from my back pocket. Pulling out my phone, I see bold words written across the screen.

Kai bernalese.

I bring the phone to my ear and clear my throat.

"Boss." I greet, continuing my pace through the building to my office. God, why did they build so many bloody stairs?

He gets straight to the point - no surprise there. "Has she been given her apartment? Number 15. Like I requested."

"Yes sir, everything was put in place."

"Good." He clears his throat and I could tell he sounded out of breath. Back at work I see. "I'll say it again, keep an eye on her Chester. You know what Lee will do if she gets too comfortable."

I open the door to my office and sit down at my chair, grabbing the bottle of whiskey. I take a swig.

"Understood, Jefe." The call terminates after I finish, and I place my phone on the table, face down.

God help that girl if she pisses him off.