I nodded gently, suddenly wanting nothing more than to get this man to answer my questions. I wanted to know more about Asra as a child, and by the sparkle in this man's eye, I knew he had many stories to tell.

"So... you knew Asra before he was an alpha?" I wondered.

He grinned, picking up my direction of the conversation right away. "Sure did. We often crossed paths growing up. He was such a mummy's boy."

"Was not." Asra scowled.

Earl chuckled. "Please, she was the entire reason you learnt to cook and bake. I still remember the first batch of scones you made, as solid as your damn head."

Asra rolled his eyes. "Don't you have a whiskey bar to lose yourself in? Or perhaps find your mate?"

Earl snorted, patting him on the shoulder once more. "Sir, yes, sir! Nice to meet you Ailia, look after this one for me, yeah?"

"Of course," I smiled softly.

Earl shot me a wink before disappearing behind us. When he left, I looked at Asra with a raised eyebrow. He shook his head with a smile, taking my hand.

"Earl is a friend, almost like a cousin. A very annoying one." He grunted.

I giggled as we continued to walk around the room. The head couple wasn't here yet, and I assumed their grand entrance wasn't far away, considering the room was full now.

A server passed us by, and Asra summoned them with a click of his fingers. I scowled at him, noticing the male server come running to us. Bowing before us, with his arm outstretched, he held a silver tray with champagne glasses on them. Asra took two from his tray with a soft grunt and I tutted at him.

"Thank you," I told the obviously human server.

He straightened his spine, staring at me with curiosity. But without another word, he turned and left us to hand out the rest of the drinks. Asra passed me a glass, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Don't give me that look. A lot of powerful people may surround you, but you still use your manners." I scolded him.

"I know, I apologise."

I huffed, wrapping my fingers around the stem of the drink and taking a sip. My lips curled with distaste, the sudden shock of champagne assaulting my tongue.

"It gets better after the first couple of sips." Asra chuckled.

"If that is the case, why is there so little in the glass?" I muttered, taking another sip.

"Why, that is because it makes it more pleasant to sniff." An unknown voice interrupted.

I spun around, surprised when whoever it was trailed their fingers down my bare spine.

Asra grumbled lowly at my reaction, and I frowned at the strange man who dared to touch me.

"Benjamin, didn't know you were coming tonight." Asra growled.

Benjamin grinned. "I am an alpha."

"Yes, but you stay away."

"Well, sometimes curiosity kills the cat." He smirked, glancing at me.

I shifted my feet, feeling uncomfortable under his gaze. The man wasn't tall or intimidating by any means. His darker skin tone shone with a fine bead of sweat, a scruffy, thick beard coating his jaw. His hair was black, his eyes a deep brown, and I wondered where he was from.

Asra growled again, pushing me behind his body slightly so half of me was hidden. It only caused Benjamin's smirk to widen before he laughed sharply.

"Always so defensive, Asra." He mused. "I often wonder why I have not taken your pack over yet."