Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Start from the beginning

“Hey, Rain,” I greeted. A little startled, he turned to me and cleared his throat. I noticed some drool on the corner of his mouth, which made me giggle.
"Why are you laughing like that?" He asked uncertainly and looked at the bar table in front of him.
"I just find it amusing how much your eyes are on Swiss," I confessed, whereupon he immediately blushed and looked away.
"That's not true..." He murmured quietly, but he only blushed even more.
"Hey, it's okay. You don't have to be uncomfortable," I replied in a soothing voice.
Sighing, Rain turned his head to me and rested it on his hands.
"Swiss is so hot..." he muttered dejectedly. I looked at him confused.
"What is so bad about it?"
"Is that a serious question?" He asked, looking at me as if I had asked him a stupid question.
"Look at him, and look at me! Next to him I look... Horrible" he put his forehead on the table as if he could hide that way.
"Hey!" I pushed him, whereupon he immediately raised his head and looked at me irritated.
"Stop this stupid talk! You look great next to him!" I encouraged him.
"You just say that..."
"Of course not!" I said softly, placing my hands on his shoulders. In one hand I had a rose, which I slowly pushed into his jacket pocket.
"If you ask me, you actually look very attractive." A blush immediately rose in his cheeks again.
"Do you mean that seriously?" He looked at me uncertainly, but I could only nod.
"Yes, I'm serious," a smile suddenly spread across his face
"Thank you, Y/N..."
"No problem, now go get him!" With a gentle push I pushed him towards Swiss. I watched her for a moment before taking a step back but running into someone.

"Sorry!" When I turned around I realized it was Mountain. My heart immediately jumped.
"Mounatin!" I said surprised, feeling the heat rise within me.
"Y/N! I didn't see you!" He looked at me in surprise before smiling.
"Sorry, sometimes I forget that most people here are much smaller than me. I just don't pay attention to them..." He admitted before scratching the back of his head in shame.
"It's okay, I wasn't paying attention either..." An uncomfortable silence spread between us until he finally took a step.
"The food should come any time, I'll take a look..." With that he continued walking.
"Do you need help?" I called after him, but he just shook his head before leaving the room. Sighing, I stood there and watched him until he disappeared. Why did I act so strange when he was around? Secretly I knew the answer... I was in love with him... With my best friend...

Sighing, I turned around. The ball was about to start and maybe I could distract myself from it.
"Out of the way!" Sunshine called out as she came in with a large tray full of muffins. Cirrus and Cumulus also carried one. Sunshine had baked many different muffins. They were shaped like hearts, or were pink. Some even had heart sprinkles.
“They look great, Sunny,” I said in praise, whereupon she smiled proudly.
"I tried extremely hard. I almost didn't make it, but as I can see, I'm just on time," she put the tray down and looked back at us.
"I'll be back in 10 minutes. Changed of course!" With that she ran out.
Shortly afterwards the first guests of the ball appeared. Everyone was smartly dressed and had flowers in their hair or on their jackets. Couples walked arm in arm and gave each other roses that the Ghoulettes had placed at the entrance. I looked around the crowd a bit until my eyes landed on two very special ghouls. Rain stood there very shyly and hesitantly handed a rose to Swiss, who accepted it with a gentle smile. I smiled and watched as the water ghoul's cheeks turned red when their hands touched.

"Look at this..." I heard a familiar voice next to me.
"If Swiss is dropped, I guess you'll have to be my companion tonight." Sodo looked at me with a teasing grin, which made me roll my eyes.
"Sorry, Sodo, but I won't fall for your tricks. You know that I'm not a one-night person"
He was silent for a moment before shrugging his shoulders unmoved
"Was worth a try." With that he walked over to Aether before they grabbed a beer together.

I just sighed and decided to eat one of Sunshine's muffins. If I was going to a ball like this alone, then at least with good food.
It was a blueberry muffin with heart sprinkles. It tasted so delicious! Sunshine had really outdone herself.
After a while the dance floor opened. Romantic songs were played that were easy to dance to. I watched the couples standing close together, swaying to the gentle beat of the music. Aether and Sodo also danced together, but more out of boredom, they also looked less romantic.
I felt a little wistful as I watched the couples there on the dance floor. Being single was lonely at times, even though it definitely had its positive side. You could do whatever you wanted and had enough time to get to know yourself, but it was also lonely.

Suddenly someone held out a rose to me. Confused, I looked up and suddenly looked into his eyes. Mountains eyes.
His ears were red with excitement and he swallowed hard. Neither of us said anything before clearing his throat.
"Do you want... Do you want to... Dance?" He asked hesitantly, still holding out the rose to me. I was shocked. Was he serious? Did he just ask me for a dance? Me?!
I nodded hesitantly before taking the rose from him and a soft smile spread across my face.
"Gladly..."
He smiled softly before taking my hand and pulling me towards the dance floor. He gently put his arms around my waist and I put mine on his upper arms, because I wasn't able to put them around his neck. So we gently rocked back and forth, not breaking eye contact for a second. I felt the butterflies in my stomach and the heat rising throughout my body. It felt so good... So right. We didn't pay any attention to the others when we danced like that, it was just the two of us.
"Hey... Uhm..." Mountain started to stutter
"Would you like to go on a date with me after the ball?" He asked hesitantly. My eyes widened and I looked at him in shock.
"Are you serious? A real date?" I asked hopefully. He nodded with a gentle smile and gently stroked my cheek.
"I'm serious. You're the most beautiful flower I've ever seen and I would give anything to call you mine."
My emotions were going crazy. I felt so hot and his words were so sweet! I leaned my head against him with a smile as we danced.
"I'd like to go on a date with you..." I whispered before I felt his arms wrap even tighter around me.
"I'm glad..."
We seemed to continue dancing like this forever. The evening was so beautiful, it was perfect... We didn't want it to end. Who would have thought that Mountain would be my Valentine