"Part - 11"

As she walked through the hall, carrying a huge smile on the first day of her job, the sweet smell of the blooming flowers covered her senses. She stopped, picked a flower, and brought it close to her nose. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath, taking in the sweet smell of the flower.

Hello, people. How are you all? She took a sigh, opened her eyes, and spoke in a soft yet clear tone.

The people working there for the event turned around toward the voice and found a woman standing behind them. They then looked at each other and asked through a gesture whether they knew her. But before she could introduce herself to them, they heard a voice from behind her back.

She is Khushi. Your new manager. And from now on, you have to report her. Abhimanyu walked towards her while introducing her to the workers.

He gave a side hug to Khushi, and they both shared a smile.

We will not listen to any woman. One worker said in dissatisfaction.

Hearing those words, Abhimanyu looked in his direction. Every worker agreed to his mate and said in unison that they, too, didnt want to work under her or report her.

And whats the problem with her being your manager? Abhimanyu asked them calmly.

Because she is a woman and we dont want to get commanded by a woman.

You all are here to work. How does it matter whether you are working under a man or a woman? Abhimanyu questioned, controlling his anger.

It does matter, sir. We all are happy to work under you. But we cant work under a woman. They are nothing in front of men.

Hearing those words from the workers, Abhimanyu was on the verge of losing control.

You Before Abhimanyu could retaliate, Khushi held his shoulder with both her hands and stopped him.

Abhimanyu. Calm down. Its not their fault. Maybe they havent worked under a woman before. Khushi told him to make him understand.

But how could they insult a woman like that? He said, gritting his teeth.

Relax Abhimanyu, Khushi said to him calmly.

I am here. And from now on, they are my responsibility. You dont have to worry about it. And I promise you, after this event, they will start seeing women and men equally.

Abhimanyu finally calmed down as he heard those words from Khushi. He then warned the workers that if he tried to misbehave with her at any point in time throughout the event, then they would lose their jobs.

He then turned towards Khushi and gestured for her to walk with him toward the lawn. While walking with her, he explained every detail about the event, starting with the decorations, arrangements, lights, sound, and audiovisuals. He also shared images with her for further reference. Assuring her he would be there for her just a call away whenever she needed him at any point in time, he walked out of the venue after giving a goodbye hug to her.

****

As the sun set and the moonlight covered the dark sky, they were halfway towards finishing their work. It was a time for a pack-up. Khushi showed a sweet gesture to all the workers throughout the day, but the workers didnt pay any heed to her. Instead, they did their work and left the place in the evening.

Sitting at the corner of the hall with closed eyes and thinking about how her day went, Khushi was lost in her thoughts. Meanwhile, Abhimanyu reached and saw an empty hall. He panicked. He called her name again and again, but he didnt get any response in return. His heartbeat rose as he walked into the hall in search of Khushi. But he didnt find her anywhere. He even searched for her on the lawn, but she wasnt there. Seeing her nowhere in the venue, his heart palpitated and sweat covered his temple. He even tried to call her, but her phone was off. Anxiously, he walked towards the hall, only to find her sleeping on the floor behind the table. Her soft snore soothed his worried heart. Gradually, the tensed face was replaced with a relaxed one.

He sat in front of her and observed the innocence and tranquility on her face. Watching her sleeping worry-free, a small smile danced on his face. His eyes shifted to the hair strands covering her eyes. Slowly, he raised his hand and removed the hair strands from her face without disturbing her sleep. Neither did he want to disturb her peaceful sleep, nor did he want to leave the view he was witnessing. Unwilling to leave her side, he sat beside her and waited for her to wake up.

******

The hall clock hit 9 o'clock and its jingle broke Khushis slumber. She rubbed her eyes and found her head resting on Abhimanyus shoulder. As she moved back, Abhimanyu woke from his sleep as well.

When did you come? Khushi asked in a low voice without looking at him.

When you were enjoying time with yourself?

She didnt understand what he wanted to say and asked him through a gesture.

When you were enjoying your sleep.

She smiled internally.

Then why didnt you wake me up?

Umm because I didnt want to disturb your peaceful sleep. He smiled while speaking.

She diverted her gaze and looked around, as she didnt know what to say next. Noticing her discomfort, he changed the topic.

Lets go. Ill drop you home.

Not knowing what to say, she nodded positively and then they walked out of the venue together.

**************************
Hey Readers!

Do Vote and Comments. Also, do let me know what twists and turns you want to see in the story.