"PART - 10"

Its been a hectic day for Khushi, starting from job hunting, bumping on Abhimanyu, and then from feeling dizzy to getting discharged from the hospital. It has been a roller coaster ride for Khushi on the second day since she commuted to Delhi.

Passing on to the hot cup of tea in her direction, Abhimanyu took his seat beside her on the sofa and called her name.

Khushi. As the voice fell in her ears, she opened her eyes slowly and settled herself.

Have some tea. You will feel better.

Khushi nodded and took hold of the handle of the cup. She took a small sip from her cup but didnt speak even a single word.

How was your day today, Khushi? He couldnt find the right words to put on the table but somehow spoke.

She raised her head from the cup to look in his direction.

My day? She said with a gloomy face.

Abhimanyu didnt speak as he wanted to give her space to open up.

My day was awesome! Khushi said, suddenly taking a shift from a gloomy person to a happy one.

Watching her happy somehow lighten up the surroundings.

Yesterday, I reached Delhi in search of a job. And today I went out in this scorching summer. But instead of searching for a job the whole day, I bumped into you and then felt dizzy. What happened next, I dont even remember.

Watching her summarize her day and that, too, in one breath, brought a wide smile to Abhimanyus face.

You are crazy. Like seriously. How can someone speak in one breath? He said and laughed his heart out.

As he started laughing, Khushi opened her mouth wide open.

Here I am sharing my problem with you and you are laughing?

Okay. Sorry. No, but seriously. You are so cute.

So, as you said, you are searching for a job. What about working in my company? He put a friendly offer in front of her.

Your company?

Yes. Khurana Industries. We typically serve in various sectors. But as of now, we have an opening in our event company. Will you work in my company, Khushi?

Yes, I will. Without giving a second thought, she agreed to his offer in one go.

Okay then. Lets meet up tomorrow for all the formalities.

Come, Ill drop you home.

She was adamant about her decision and even after he offered her to drop her home; she didnt put her stubbornness aside. She told him he had already done many favors for her and now she cant take any more favors. So, she rejected his help straightforward.

No, Ill go on my own. By the way, thank you for asking. And thank you for all the help you did today.

Khushi, as I said on the very first day, I am your friend and Ill always be there for you. So, you do not need to say thank you.

She nodded, followed by a smile, and then left his place.

*********

Next Day***

As it was her first day at her office, Khushi didnt want to be late. So, she woke up early, taking some grace time in hand. After waking up, she freshened up and changed herself into fresh clothes.

Before leaving for the office, she spent some time with her favorite God, Devi Maiyya. Joining her hands in front of her, she said to her DM in her head, I needed this job, thats why I accepted the offer to work in his company without giving a second thought. Please make things work in my favor. I want no more trouble. With this, she completed her prayer and walked out of the house. As she reached the gate, she was astounded to find Abhimanyu there.

Good morning, Miss Gupta. He greeted her with a fresh smile.

Good morning. You here?

Its your first day at work. And being your friend, its my responsibility that you dont get late on the very first day of your office.

But how did you know my address?

Thats a nice question. Ill surely tell you. But first, sit inside, or else you will be late for your first day.

She nodded and sat inside. Abhimanyu took the driver's seat and drove away to their destination.

Now, will you tell me? How did you know my address?

Ahh. Its a long story. Abhimanyu said, humorously stretching his words.

Abhimanyu. She patted his shoulder softly. Will you tell me or not?

Okay, okay. When you became unconscious yesterday, your friend Payal called you. She called you many times. But as you were unconscious, I took your phone. I then informed her about your condition. She panicked. So, I told her Im with you and Ill drop you home. Thats why I asked her the address.

She finally calms down on hearing how he found her address. She took a deep breath and sighed.

*********

This is your offer letter, and this is your cabin. Abhimanyu handed over the letter to her with a smiling face.

Khushi couldnt believe her eyes that she finally had a job. Before coming to Delhi, she thought she had to struggle a lot. But it all went the way she wanted. It all happened in her favor, the way she wanted, trouble-free. Happily, she gave a friendly hug to him, which he wholeheartedly accepted.

Khushi, are you ready for your new journey?

I am super excited about it.

We have a corporate event in two days. Will you handle a team for the same?

Yes, Abhimanyu. I will do it. You can trust me.

I trust you, Khushi. You dont have to worry about that, and this friend of yours will always be there for you, no matter what.

Khushi smiled and thanked him and her DM for all the good things finally happening to her.

*******************

Hello Readers!

I apologize for my last announcement. I had planned to update the story but due to some issues I couldn't update it.

But your wait is over!

Here is the story. Show your love!