The four started silent as they were thinking. "Give her something from the heart!" Pinkie recommended. "The heart?" Dash asked questioning her friend. "Yeah your past Valentine's gifts weren't from the heart they were gifts someone would get for their friends this time give her a gift that comes directly from the heart, to show how you truly feel for her! And maybe you can confess your feelings to her!"Pinkie expressed. "That's actually not a bad idea," Sunset said as Fluttershy nodded in agreement. Dash thought it over before a light bulb turned on. "I know just the thing but I'm gonna need your guys help and Rarity and Twilights help."

A week passed and it was finally Valentine's Day and the whole school of Canterlot High was celebrating it as it was decorated with beautiful flowers and hearts. Classmates were giving their goodies and gifts to their friends and significant others, heck some were even confessing to their crushes and wanting them to be their Valentine. Dash was by her locker holding a bag that had gifts she was gonna give her friends and she was also holding a teddy bear that was holding a heart and a box of chocolates that had a white envelope taped on it.

"Hey, Rainbow I just saw Applejack at the entrance." Sunset holding the basket she's gonna give Twilight and a bag of sweets for her friends. "Okay, thanks Sunset, oh and I saw Twilight she's in class already with Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Rarity," Dash said towards her friend who nodded and headed to class. "I got this!" Rainbow said confidently. "Hey, Dash!" She heard and turned to see it was Applejack holding a box of chocolates and a flower bouquet. 'I don't got this!' Rainbow thought.

"Hey Aj uh happy Valentine's Day!" Dash said as the two quickly hugged. "Here I got you a teddy bear and a box of chocolates," Rainbow said. "Aww thanks, Dash I got you these flowers and chocolates," Applejack said as the two exchanged their gifts Aj noticed the white envelope on the box of chocolates. "Hey, what's this?" She asked her friend. "Oh don't open yet. Open it when you get home trust me." Dash said as Aj nodded.

"Anyways we should probably head to class," Rainbow said. "Wow, the great rainbow dash wants to get to class early! Who are you?" Applejack joked. "Haha no I just wanna give the others their stuff," Dash said causing Aj to laugh. "I know I was just messing with you." She said ruffing Rainbow's messy hair as the two made their way to class.

The day went by fast as the gang was hanging out and eating the sweets they got each other. The main seven went their separate ways heading home as Applejack arrived home and placed the sweets she got from her friend and the chocolates she got from Dash. She went upstairs and headed to her room as she rested for a little while holding the bear Rainbow got her close.

She then remembered that Rainbow had told her to open the envelope when she got home. Applejack then got up her bed and headed downstairs grabbing her box of chocolates that she got from Dash. Removing the envelope and opened it and noticed a small piece of paper it said 'Meet me on the hill that's on of the outskirts of the town at 5:30. But first stop by at Rarity's you'll need to dress for the occasion.' - RD.

She was confused about it but then realized that it was Rainbow Dash she wouldn't play a cruel joke on her. Applejack looked at the time and it was 4:30 so she headed towards Rarity's house. She knocked on the door and immediately Rarity opened the door. "Hello darling what brings you by?" She asked. "Uh, I got a note from Dash saying I should stop by here to get a dress?" AJ said confused. "Oh right come on in!" Rarity said as Aj entered and followed the other girl as the two went up to her room. "Oh, here it is." Rarity said holding a red cocktail dress.

"Give it a try!" She said as Applejack took the dress and changed in Rarity's bathroom. Applejack then opened the door revealing herself in the dress. "Ooh, it looks wonderful! Dash is gonna love you wearing it!" Rarity said. "Rarity do you know why Rainbow would need me in a dress?" She asked. "I don't know. All I know is that this might be your chance to confess to her about your feelings for her." Rarity replied semi lying. "You really think so?" AJ asked. "I know so now go meet her!" Rarity said pushing the girl out of her house for her to meet Rainbow and closing the door.

'Does she know what Rainbow is planning?' Applejack thought walking away and heading back to her truck. Before driving to the spot Dash told her to meet her in. She reached the spot parking nearby before walking the rest of the way. She then noticed a path to where the hill Dash had told to her to meet her. She then noticed a candle trail she gasped softly and smiled before following the trail.

AJ was halfway up the path when Rainbow who was wearing a white long-sleeve button-up blouse with black slacks and dress shoes noticed her, she grabbed her acoustic guitar and began softly playing the instrument before she started singing softly. "Wise men say only fools rush in but I can't help falling in love with you." Dash sang as Applejack was looking at Rainbow as she walked the rest of the way.  "So take my hand, take my whole life, too. For I can't help falling in love with you!" Dash sang softly looking into the other girl's eyes who was now standing in front of her. "I can't help falling in love with you." Rainbow sang finishing strumming her acoustic guitar.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash looked into each other's eyes as Rainbow placed her acoustic guitar down and grabbed the other girl's hand gently. "Happy Valentine's Day Applejack. I know this Valentine's Day seems different from our previous ones but there's something I've been wanting to ask you." Dash said softly. "What is it?" AJ asked softly as she was blushing. "Will you be my Valentine? And I don't mean it in a friendly way. I mean it romantically. What I'm trying to say is I love you Applejack and I think I have for a while now so will you be my Valentine?" Rainbow asked looking into the other girl's eyes.

Applejack blushed red and stayed silent comprehending what Dash had just said before gently removing her hand from Rainbow's. Dash felt her heart break as she looked at the ground closing her eyes and waiting for the rejection. But the rejection never came instead it was a hand gently caressing her cheek before making its way toward her chin gently lifting it as Dash looked into Aj's green eyes. As the other girl leaned forward capturing Rainbow's lips and closing her eyes. Dash was shocked before eventually kissing her back as she gently placed her hand on top of the other girl's while her other hand was placed on the girl's waist. Applejack then placed her other hand on Rainbow's shoulders.

The two enjoyed the moment before pulling away and catching their breath. "I would love to be your valentine. I love you too Dash more than you think." AJ said wrapping her arms around Rainbow. Dash kissed her on the cheek and gently pulled away from her. "Ooh, I also got you something else," Rainbow said digging in her pocket and pulling out a small red box opening it, and showing Applejack the box which was a silver with 1/10 Diamond and created ruby Snow Apple Pendant Necklace. "When I saw it I immediately thought of you," Dash said.

"Rainbow I -I don't know what to say. Thank you." AJ said. Dash smiled took it out of the box and put it on Aj who turned around as Dash carefully put it around her neck. "It's perfect Dash," Aj said looking at it before kissing Rainbow on her cheek and resting her head on Dash's shoulder. "Happy Valentine's Day Rainbow. I love you." Aj said. Rainbow smiled kissing Applejack on her forehead and wrapping her arms around her waist. "I love you too. Happy Valentine's Day Aj." Dash said softly as the two embraced each other.

A cute appledash Valentine story in honor of Valentine's Day today. Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day.