9th

Caym loudly hissed at the old man like a cat. Finally the man moved, stumbled to the left, nearly fell down but could catch his balance again. Then he ran as if the devil himself was after him. Caym was a little surprised that he could actually run that fast. Proud and impressed he looked after him, till he was out of sight. That old man won't bother him again so soon, Caym thought.

Turning around, he left to get back inside the house. Then he realised how bored he was before and that he broke the TV. Damn it. He shouldn't have lost his temper like that. Caym looked out of the door again. The hallway between the houses was in the shadow but he wouldn't get far untill he would be in the light. Maybe there would be other neighbore around he could entertain himself with? It was worth a try.

Quickly he left again, closing the door behind himself. Walking to the house apposite to the other, he listened in to check if anymore else was there, or if the old man from before lived alone. It stayed silent, but that could just mean that his wife was outside shopping, or on a walk, or something. Maybe the man ran to her to warn her, or not to come home any time soon. Better for Caym then. He wouldn't want to scare away an old lady too. Younger people were just more fun and tasted better. Older people just tasted, you know, old. Caym prefered fresh blood. He wouldn't drink from kids though, they were just gross, he thought. He wasn't a big fan of kids. Teenagers were alright.

Caym went to the next house, which was on the right compared to the old man's. He watched out to not step into the sunlight. From outside he could also hear that it was quiet, but he senced that two people were inside. He could adumbrate it, his guts told him so. Sometimes he had these moments, when he could sence things. He wasn't always right though. Sometimes he got disappointed.

Quietly he placed his hand on the door handle, turned, broke in and entered, closing the door behind him with a jarring noise. A smile formed on his face.