Niklas Hjalmarsson (CB)

For @Zel_Dah

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tick, toc, tick, toc"

The clock kept ticking, and I looked up in my drowsy state to see that it was 4AM and Nik was no where to be seen. It was the off-season, so he wasn't at an after-game party. Plus, if he was going to a party, he would tell me, right? I had to find him, he was probably with Oduya, so I decided to make a coffee, grab the keys and head out to find Nik.

I was driving down the street where Jon lived, and I heard music. Turns out he was having a party, and guess who showed up. I parked on the far side of the street and my heart shattered. I could see Nik with his so called ex under the staircase. I quickly drove to the apartment, locked the door and went and cried on our bed.

I woke up the next morning cold and all alone. Only one question came to my mind, and that was why. Why did he get back with her? Was it an accident? No, it couldn't have been. You don't just trip and fall onto someones lips. I checked my phone. A text from Nik.

"Hey sorry, i know we've been dating for 3 years, but i found someone else. Sorry. Best of luck Zelda."

A text? We've been dating 3 and a half years and he breaks up with me over a text? What an idiot. I shouldn't of spent so much time with him, I guess I wasn't thinking straight right then because I threw my phone and shattered my screen. Great.

--------3 months later---------

It was October, and the Hawks season had just started. My friend, Jenny and I decided to go to the home opener against the Rangers. She had decided she wanted to show up a "tad early" because she wanted to watch the pre-game warmups. Once again, great.
We made our way to our seats and I bumped into someone, spilling my coffee all over their nice suit.

"I'm so sorry oh my gosh, let me help you clean that up" I said, still not looking at the person.
"It's okay, wait- Zelda?"

It was Nik, and I walked away as fast as I could. I had managed to avoid him for 3 months, and now I bumped into him again, I should've known i'd possibly see him here, but I did it for Jenny.

"Zelda wait, please wait. I'm a mess and all the guys tell me it. Please, can we start over."

"Nik I don't think I can. That night really hurt."

"Listen Zel, I know what I did was wrong, okay? But please, can we start over. Fall in love again, please?"

Before I had time to answer, Andrew Shaw popped out from behind with a sign that read "please Zelda please".

"Alright Nik, but you'll really have to win me back. I'm being harder on you this time."

"Thank you so much, I promise you won't regret it. Now we should clean this coffee up, yanno."

We giggled until he had to go, but I had my man back, and finally, a new phone screen.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I'm really sorry this request took sooo long so complete, it's summer and i've been out with friends. I've also had a major case of writers block! Keep sending me requests please, but breakups/makeups are really hard for me to stage, so maybe stay away from them. Just a reminder that i'll do NHL, AHL, and the CHL. Love, Vanessa :)