Too Young To Die, My Dear

"You got the key?" Dorrit asked Mikey, as they arrived at the door.

"I have one." Ray replied, un-locking the door.

They entered the house to find Gerard and Dinah sat down at the table Gerard looking Dinah in the eye and talking to her softly. Dorrit approached them slowly.

"Are you guys okay now, because we can leave?"

"No." Dinah croaked. "I...I have to tell you something."

"What is it?" Dorrit whispered, she knew it wouldn't be good. Dinah turned to face them all with her tear stained face.

"Dinah, whats wrong?!" Ray questioned running over to her and enveloping her in his arms. She took a deep breath and said.

"I have cancer."

"What?" Ray whispered, disbelievingly looking Dinah up and down.

Dorrit covered her mouth and fell into Mikey's arms who stood their motionlessly.

"I've been going to the doctors for a while and they confirmed it for definite today."

"Oh D." Dorrit cried rushing over to her, rubbing her face into Dinah's shoulder and smearing her eyeliner.

"I'm so sorry." Mikey mumbled pulling his brother into a hug.

"What are we going to do?" Dorrit mumbled.

"Wipe of your make-up, and hope. Hope because Dinah will get better and we will help her." Gerard announced looking straight ahead.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Dinah insisted. But she couldn't bring herself to smile.