You Never Learn a Goddamned Thing

"Geerard get up!" Mikey exclaimed ruffling Gerard's raven hair impatiently.

"No." Gerard mumbled pulling the covers tighter around him.

He'd been staying at his brother's flat for exactly two months and he'd said exactly ten words.

"Listen Gee." Mikey began sitting half on top of him. Gerard winced internally at the use of his nickname Malia's nickname. "I get it okay. You're depressed, but you haven't moved since you got here and Malia has been calling and calling. Maybe you should see her."

"I don't want to see that bitch." Gerard replied harshly. Mikey laughed and stood up.

"Well this bitch sure does want to see you so I suggest you go meet her, then make her beg for your forgiveness then when she has done walk away." Gerard poked his head from under the covers and laughed they both laughed, laughed like nothing had happened. Mikey started walking towards the door then said "But before you go have a shower. You stink like shit." Gerard threw a pillow at him but missed, Mikey grinned before leaving for work.

***********

To be honest Gerard was shitting himself. He was driving to meet Malia and his whole this is gonna be easy peasy pumpkin peasy pumpkin pie motherfucker attitude had evaporated. He'd sent Malia a simple text asking where to meet and when and even that had brought him to tears.

He pulled up to the cafe where the pair had agreed to meet. He was sat in his car stuck.

Come on Gerard don't be such a pussy! He said to himself. He noticed a single pencil sitting on the dashboard he picked it up and put it behind his ear. Maybe it would give him courage. Maybe.

Reluctantly he walked out of his car and up to the cafe. And there she was the other side of the window in that black shirt that made her eyes pop...

GERARD STOP! Oh god there she is oh my I can't

He pushed these thoughts away and tugged at his jacket. Calm Gerard calm he coaxed himself.

She looked up at him her hair falling into her face she pushed it away nervously and Gerard sat. They avoided each others eyes for a while then Malia brandished a bit of paper from her coat. It was his note. They looked at the rough words and finally she stated

"It's not true."

Gerard slowly took the pencil from behind his ear and did a long sigh. This is hard. It's hard to see the girl you thought you loved and realize you actually don't. At all.

"It was a mistake Gee I..."

"Don't call me that." He said numbly.

"Gerard it was all a mistake I swear I just I just.."

"You just what!?"Gerard countered he could feel his blood boiling. "Did you just get sick of my face like I used to?? When I would cry for weeks because I thought I was hideous!? Well guess what I'm allowed to get sick of my FACE BECAUSE ITS MY FUCKING FACE! BUT YOU YOU'RE NOT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO LOVE ME!" He cried hitting himself hard in the chest."You're supposed to love me." He whispered.

"Gerard please." She pleaded noticing the people in the cafe staring.

"OH AM I EMBARRASSING YOU? I'M SORRY THAT I'M SUCH AN EMBARRASSMENT! YOU USED TO BE FINE MAKING SCENES IN PUBLIC TOGETHER BUT AS SOON AS YOU ARE IN THE FIRING LINE YOU WANT OUT!"

She just looked up at him dumb founded the whole cafe was silent.

"Goodbye Malia!" He screamed throwing his arms up in defeat. He leaned in so close to her it even looked affectionate, grabbed her chin and tilted her face upwards. "And fuck you."