Words I Thought I'd Never Speak

"Shush." Gerard hushed Dinah as he softly closed the door to his flat. He tiptoed across the floorboards, Dinah followed silently.

"Gee-bear!" Gerard's Mother called from the living room.

"Shit." He muttered scrunching his face. Dinah looked at his frustration and grinned.

"You must Mrs Way!" She exclaimed strutting into the living room. Gerard shook his head at her in mock horror.

"Ah! Gerard who is this?" His Mother asked. Gerard frowned at her dramaticness.

"This is Dinah...my friend." He answered.

"She's so pretty!" Mrs Way exclaimed looking her up and down. "And British as well." She continued, winking at Gerard.

"Thanks!" Dinah said looking at her feet bashfully.

"Lets go." Gerard said urgently to Dinah. He ushered her out and she waved at his Mum, giggling a little.

"Bye then!" Gerard's Mum called.

When they were free of the embarrassment of his demented family, Gerard breathed a sigh of relief and they stood outside the flat door. "I should go." Dinah said ruffling her hair.

"Yeah." Gerard agreed as he began turning away.

"Gee." Dinah said clutching his hand. "Thank you for today I had a great time! I mean not even Frank would dance on a table with me."

"I didn't really do much, except nearly get us killed." Gerard said brushing off the compliment.

"No Gee you did, I mean it." She insisted leaning in closer. Gerard noticed how it didn't hurt him when she said Gee even though it was Malia's nickname. He also noticed how he wasn't bummed about Malia when he was with Dinah. Shit I think I love her. He thought to himself.

Dinah looked at him her brow furrowed at his silence, he noticed a curl that had escaped from behind her ear he pushed it back gently then ever so softly leaned in and pressed his lips to hers. Immediately he was pushed off and Dinah stood there holding him at arms length dragging her palm against her lips as if disgusted.

"What the fuck are you doing?" She asked fury evident in her voice. Even though Gerard was at least a foot taller then her she brought herself up to her full height and spat. "Don't ever think you can touch me." With that she turned away but Gerard grasped her wrist desperate to explain, to not lose her.

"Dinah I'm sorry it's just it's hard to understand...I'm incomplete." He burst out. "And my old love is just so demanding and I get so weak..I don't know what came over me..please understand."

"Look Gerard." She said facing him sternly. "You have problems I get it we all do but don't think for one second it means you can just kiss me and get away with it. I love Frank." Gerard's blood boiled at the mention of Frank's name he hates him so much. Franks better than you Gerard. The voice in his head hissed to him. No wonder she likes him your fat and ugly Gerard no wonder Malia cheated no wonder Dinah doesn't want you, no one wants you.

"SHUT UP!" Gerard yelled hitting his head trying to silence the screams. Dinah stared at Gerard concerned then he turned on her. The voice in his head seemed to be taking over and he couldn't make it stop.

"Why would I even want you?!" The voice in his head screamed at Dinah. "You're pathetic you go around throwing yourself at men you no good slut you're trash and I could never want you." With every insult Dinah had shrunk further and further into herself and she stood there cradling her arms and fighting her whimpers.

"I don't need you! And I know no one will ever want me but I am not afraid to keep on living I am not afraid to walk this world alone." He boomed down at her. Using all the strength she could muster she brought herself up tall and countered.

"Well maybe I am Gerard! I'm afraid." With that she ran off back in the direction they had came.

Gerard stood there lifeless a shadow from the bright lights of the sun casted over his face. He fell onto the gravel and grabbed his legs into a ball, tears streaming steadily down his cheeks.