Where The Tearstain Dries

Gerard stood with his hand resting on the railing of the bridge where him and Dinah had agreed to meet; He was surprised she'd said yes to be honest after all the dumb shit he said.

His eyes grew wide as a frail girl with dark spots around her eyes and cracked lips approached him. Dinah. She was not the strong woman he had first met.

"Dinah." He said gently and she stood next to him on the bridge. "I'm so sorry I have no clue why I said those things...I just don't think sometimes an-"

"Gerard." She said holding up her hand to silence him. "Its okay, I wasn't particularly nice either."

"Yeah but-" He continued.

"Lets just put the past in the past. I really have to go." She said already turning away.

"Wait, Dinah no!" He pleaded grabbing her arm. He needed her to understand he needed her to be okay. Once his hand made contact with her arm she gave out a noise so shrill that Gerard was taken aback a little. She quickly put her hand over her mouth then looked down at her arm shamefully.

"Dinah.." Gerard said softly pulling up the baggy fabric of her jumper. It revealed a mass of bruises and these bruises were caused by brutality. "Oh, Dinah." He continued running his finger over them softly. He met her eyes that were now streaming tears and he realised the darkness around them was in fact bruises as well. She had attempted to cover them with make-up but sometimes pain is hard to conceal.

"Did you do this?" He asked looking her straight in the eye. She pressed her lips together and shook her head slightly. "Frank?" He whispered not really wanting to know the answer. She stood there for a second pressing her lips together and then ever so slightly nodded her head. Rage was building inside of Gerard and he wanted to scream. How the fuck could Frank do this? Why would you hurt this delicate little flower.

"Dinah where's Frank??" He asked her sternly. She simply stood there unable to speak. Gerard saw that she had no keys with her and guessed he was at the flat. Abruptly he left Dinah and began running the route to the flat; And Gerard never ran.

"Gerard no!" Dinah croaked running as well but he was too angry he wanted Frank to suffer for even having the ability to hurt this girl.

When he arrived, with Dinah about a flight of stairs behind him, he kicked open the door and Frank was sat on the sofa watching the news.

"What the actual fuck?!" Frank asked looking up at Gerard with a face of utter disgust.

"How the hell could you hurt her?!" Gerard screamed at Frank.

Frank snarled. "She deserved it, no good bitch."

"She trusted you and you broke her!" Gerard continued utterly repulsed by this monster. "She doesn't deserve you!" He yelled as he ran at Frank full speed taking all the air out of his body and bringing the sofa down with them.

Frank slid from under Gerard and suddenly he had the upper hand. Roughly he turned Gerard around to face him then stamped onto his face causing Gerard to clutch his nose in agony.

"STOP!" Dinah screeched now entering the flat.

"So much for your hero." Frank sneered coming closer to Dinah. She'd had enough of Frank and she was horrified that he had possibly broken Gerard's beautiful face so she grabbed her guitar that lay near by and tried to smack Frank around the head as she screamed. "YOU ABSOLUTE SCARECROW!" But he caught it then threw it aside.

"Wrong move darling."

Dinah stood there bracing herself for a hit when Gerard hauled himself up and grabbed Dinah's guitar. He then brought it down onto Frank's head and Frank fell. Out cold.

"Dinah!" Gerard yelled rushing over to her. He grabbed her chin and tilted it upwards "Are you alright did he hurt you?" He asked examining her face.

"No...but Gee he hurt you, your face." She insisted transferring some of the blood that was covering Gerard's face onto her jumper.

"Never mind about the shape I'm in, I'll keep you safe tonight." She looked into his hazel eyes then brought her lips to his standing up on her tip-toes. This made the blood that was pouring steadily out of his nose cover her entire face and she brushed her face onto his spreading the blood.

She then threw her head back and laughed. "We're a hot mess."